Chapter 22

Chapter 22

**

You've got to be kidding me.

I irritatedly snapped my head towards yet another disturbing source. Really, I mean, he was just going to say what I have to do and bring me back from my curiosity, but no, someone has a problem with that. But when I looked at the person standing above us, I had to double take it. No! Shit!

"Blake?"

"Yes, Gwen. It's me. And I wonder what you are doing here with a guy none other than Ryan's friend?" Blake asked me, giving me a point look.

"We were discussing about our project here." Ashton pepped in.

Blake turned towards him with a raised eyebrow. "What project?"

"We have our cooking and biology project together. So we decided to meet up here and see what we have to do." I answered.

"Oh. Well, then it's okay. I thought something might be going on with you and I don't want Ryan to not know about this, since you are his friend," Blake pointed out at Ashton. "And you, his sister."

"Don't worry. It's not what you think it is. I will never be with someone like him. Gosh, I can't even tolerate him." I remarked.

"Yeah. Like anyone can keep up with you." Ashton shot back.

"Oh, please. Everyone can keep up with me." I argued.

"I can't." He stated.

"Are you even a person?"

"Last time I checked I was." He replied. "I suggest you do an eye checkup since you can't tell that yourself."

"I don't have an eye problem."

"One could be fooled." He smirked.

"You-" I wasn't able to complete my remark as Blake pepped in.

"Okay, guys. I can feel your inner love," Blake joked. "But refrain yourself from killing each other now and also while working together."

"Yeah. Whatever. I'll try." I scoffed.

"Me too."

"Okay. Now, that it's settled. I have a meeting here. So if you'll excuse me." Blake said. Wait, a meeting.

"Meeting?" I narrowed my eyes at him. "What meeting?"

"Uh.." he blushed. That's when I caught it. He was on a date here.

"You're on a date." I squealed. "Who is she?"

"No one. I'll go." He hurried away, but not before me giving him a look that screams 'you-have-to-tell-me-everything-or-else-I'll-tell-everyone' look.

"Okay. So, I thought we'll be left alone, but guess your family walks around the whole damn town." Ashton muttered.

I shrugged. "Now, what?"

"Now, nothing. I'll tell you later. I'm not in a mood." He said, asking the waitress for the check.

"But you can't leave me in suspense. You know, curiosity kills a cat? Well, I'm the cat here. I want to know." I argued.

"Sorry, princess. Not now, but don't worry I'll tell you soon. After all, you have to come with me next Saturday. I'll tell you before that." He said, removing some cash to pay.

"Let me pay too." I said, quickly removing my wallet.

"No, it's fine. I'm paying."

"But-" I tried, but he just shook his head. "Thanks, I guess."