Seven

Ellen

I silently walked back downstairs looking for Yoongi.

I'm guessing the guys left already? I assumed noticing the silent atmosphere. It was dark and the only light on was coming from the living room.

I tip-toed into the spacious room to find Yoongi slouching on the big leather couch with his head back, feet on the center table and his eyes closed. In front of him the fire place crackled giving off a calming vibe.

"Yoongi?" I quietly asked hoping he wasn't asleep.
His head shot up and turned in my direction immediately making me feel embarrassed for disturbing him.

"Oh Ellen ㅡ you're still awake... " he replied in a raspy voice letting his head hang back and closed his eyes again.

"I wanted to talk to you?" I switched my weight from foot to foot uncomfortably. He nodded slowly before he motioned me to sit next to him.

"What's bothering you?" he asked finally sitting up and turning to look at me.

After a moment of silence I gathered up my thoughts and words clearing my throat.

"Why didn't you tell me?"
Silence. He stared at me with no expression until I saw him swallow, his defined Adams' apple bobbing up and down his throat.

"Why didn't you tell me the business you were in when we met after what happened that night?" I asked again hoping for a reply. Of course I knew it was partly my fault because I never brought it up, and it should've been obvious to me because coincidentally I grew up in that lifestyle. Why didn't I figure it out?

"I don't think it's appropriate to just tell something like that to someone I had just metㅡ" he answered in a low tone.

"ㅡTo be honest after the first night I wasn't sure if you had anything to do with it."

"Did you know who I was?"

He shook his head before murmuring a low no.

"If you knew, would you've still spoken to me?"

He took his eyes off me and looked away, rubbing his finger under his nose uncomfortably.

"Would you have hurt me?" I asked again feeling a lump in my throat knowing the obvious answer.

"This business I'm in... your father... it's just how things work, I know it's fucked up and now I know you and your late mother had nothing to do in his actions butㅡ" he started.

I stood up disappointed at his response my voice cracking mid-sentence, "I'm the enemy, your enemy."

"No Ellen, it's just that you're his daughter, you wouldn't understand but that holds a lot of value in this life!" he stood up quickly trying to somehow explain himself.

"No. I understand it's all about power and money in this business, it's all you care about. I think it's better if I leave, I have cause too much problems already." I started to walk away before letting him speak.

"What? No. Where?" he asked his face twisting in confusion.

"Soon if I can. I can't be in a house with someone who could've hurt me just to get back at his enemyㅡ someone with the same mentality as my father." I responded slowly his face almost faulting from his emotionless stare at my words.

"But where will you go?" his voice grew louder as he took a couple steps towards me.

"I don't know? New York? My mother's family lives there, I haven't spoken to them in a long time but I'll try to contact them in the morning..."

"No it's not safe, Ellen waitㅡ" he tried to grab my shoulder to hold me back but I pushed his hand away ran upstairs before he saw my eyes tearing up.

Yoongi

"Fuck... fuck..." I groaned burying my face in my hands and throwing myself back on the couch. I kicked off my shoes and returned to my laying position not bothered to go upstairs into the guest room.

"I fucked up..." I mumbled to myself feeling my stomach turn into a knot. I could go and talk to her or I can just give her space and not make things worse. When did things get so fucking complicated? I couldn't blame her, I couldn't blame anyone for that matter, my life has always been complicated.
While replaying Ellen's words in my mind and ways to convince her to stay I hadn't noticed I was beginning to drift off into a deep sleep.

____________

"You look beautiful baby."
I stood infront of her in a beautiful pink silk dress, the same one I first saw her in that nightclub.
"Thank you for teaching me how to love."
I cradled her face in my hands while I laid a soft kiss on her glossy plump lips.
She pulled away slowly and cupped the side of my face with her small hand immediately bringing me the warmth and comfort she always brought me.
Her lips parted as she was about to say something when a loud gunshot startled me and I protectively wrapped my arms around her small body only to feel her limp body fall to the ground with a frozen expression on her face... the stars in her eyes dimming.
"No!" I cried in fury, heartbroken and shock as I held her lifeless body.

I gasped as I shot back up drenched in a cold sweat. I wiped my forehead and took a couple of slow steady breaths to calm my breathing.
What the fuck.
I shook off the recollection of the dream as I looked around to realize I had fallen asleep on the couch again.

"Fuck." I said as I looked down at my watch squinting my eyes to adjust my sight.
"3:40 am?" I grumbled as I stood up sipping the last of the liquor remaining in one of the glasses on the coffee table.

I grabbed my phone and wallet from the glass table by the entrance and made my way up the stairs.
I dragged my feet cursing every step feeling my legs grow heavier as I approached the top. I directly walked towards the end of the hallways where the guest room next to mine was located when I heard whimpering and crying coming from my room.

"Ellen!" The worst thoughts ran through my head, and my blood started to pump vigorously as I ran back with my hand on the gun on my holster.
I kicked open the door aiming my gun to find Ellen crying hysterically and tossing in bed.

"Ellen?" I repeated in a lower tone as I placed the gun on television stand and ran to her side.
As soon as she felt my hand brush her hair off her sweaty face she slightly open her eyes but continued to cry.
"Ellen, it's ok, it's just a nightmare... it's just a bad dream, I'm right here." I spoke slowly into her ear as I rubbed her cheek wiping away the tears.
I waited for her tears to stop until her breathing slowed and evened out, making sure she was asleep. I carefully stood up from her side and rubbed the sleep off my eyes trying to get to bed.

As I made my way towards the door I heard a rustling behind me making me turn immediately to find Ellen sitting up her eyes falling in and out of sleep.
"Don't leave... please..." I heard her whisper her voices trembling again.

"Shhh... you're ok, as long as you're with me I won't let anything happen to you... it's ok sleep... you're safeㅡ" I quickly made my way next to her bringing her body onto my lap and waited for her to fall asleep again.

"Please don't leave." she mumbled quietly as she gripped onto me.

Hesitant I slowly laid back into a comfortable position and kicked off my shoes.
"I won't leave."