Chapter 34- Glad You Care Dad

One week later

My dad is coming home today, yay no more Trina. My birthday is Tuesday coming and I am excited.

I go to school with my motorbike and meet Brandon. When I reach school, my friends are hanging outside by the benches, I walk with Brandon towards them.

I see Nikki running towards us, she hugs Brandon and says, "let's go, we have biology now and I want to know my results."

Brandon says, "I'll come after Nikki, I was going to hang out wit-" but he is cut off by her.

She turns to me, "hi Ann, you don't mind if I borrow Brandon right?"

I am about to answer, but she already leaves dragging Brandon with her.

Stephanie says, "you better break up with him, it will save you from less heartbreak", then she strolls off.

I sit down between Carlos and Jordan.

Jordan says, "don't worry I'll take revenge".

"It's okay, I can trust Brandon", I assure him, but inside I am doubting it.

The bell rings and we walk inside, I walk into my geography class with Justin, Kyle, and Arlene.

Lunchtime

I go by my locker to drop off some books, I see Brandon talking to Jack and Nikki just flirting with Brandon.

Brandon sees me and walks towards me, ignoring Nikki, who is following him.

He hugs me and suggests, "let's go eat lunch somewhere outside the school."

I nod then text Arlene.

Me: I am going and eat lunch with Brandon by a fast food place

Best girlfriend: Ok I'll tell the boys for you

Me: Thanks

I walk outside the school with Brandon, he suggests, "we'll take my car", I nod and I get in the passenger seat and put on the seat belt.

Brandon drives out the parking lot and into the road.

We pull up at Wendy's and get out. I walk to the entrance and Brandon opens the door for me. I order a large cheeseburger with fries and a drink.

Brandon comments, "wow you can really eat."

I shrug.

We fall into an awkward silence, Brandon keeps frowning at his phone, he asks, "Ana would you be my girlfriend?"

I blush and nod, "yes and you have to meet my dad tonight, he's coming home today", he nods.

He says, "well after the races later, I'll ditch the party and come hang out with you."

I smile at that.

******

When I reach home, I see my dad's car park in the garage and Trina's own gone. I open the door and walk inside closing it behind me.

I run to my dad's office and see him talking on the phone, he says, "I'll have to call you back, my daughter just come."

He puts down the phone and hugs me, he says, "I hope you didn't give Trina any trouble."

I laugh and shake my head.

Dad says, "I can't believe that you'll be turning eighteen years Tuesday, my baby is all grown up", pretending to wipe a tear from his eye.

I laugh, "I hope I get a party."

My dad sighs, "I might be busy that day kiddo, the business is extending right now", kissing me on the forehead.

Glad you care dad (note the sarcasm).

I walk up into my room and put go on my iPod. I go up on Facebook and look up Gregory's name to add him as my friend.

He accepts immediately and sends a message,

Hi Ana, I am glad you decide to send a friend request, I was going to but wasn't sure if you wanted to talk to me

Me: I wanted to talk to you again because we are going to be friends, that's why I send a friend request

Him: Okay, well I am going home with my friends

Me: Okay I am in my room, just texting you

Him: Not your 'boyfriend', I'm surprised

Me: Well he's coming to meet my father tonight, so I don't want to scare him

Him: Okay see you on Monday

Me: Kk later friend

*******

Brandon's POV

I ring the doorbell at exactly 7:00 pm, Mr. Montez opens it and watching me suspiciously. I am wearing black pants, with a blue shirt and a pair of converse, with a bouquet in my hand.

I say, "good evening Mr. Montez", he keeps watching me.

Ana appears at the door and bumps him on the side.

He finally talks, "you must be Brandon, Anne talks so much about you", shaking my hand.

He let me in and I hug Ana, giving her a quick kiss on the cheek and hand her the flowers. She had on a short dress with her slippers, she says, "I'll put this in a vase", leaving me with her father.

He says, "let's go out back and have a chat, it will take her years to find the vase."

We walk outside by the pool and sit, Mr. Montez says, "I can see she really likes you, you're respectful, and don't watch her with lust in your eyes, but love." I nod.

This conversation is going smoothly, but I talk too quickly.

He continues, "if you ever hurt her, I'll personally kill you because you don't want to upset your girlfriend's father, I am talking from experience", I nod quickly.

He asks, "so what are you planning on doing after school?"

I say," well I want to try out for the 2024 Olympics, I am a runner, so while training, I will getting my degree in law because I want to be a cop."

He nods.

He says, "I have courage in you Brandon, you'll make it, but please don't hurt my daughter, she has lost her mother already."

I nod, then Ana walks out, carrying a box of pizza, with three sodas.

Mr. Montez says, "now this is how a Friday night is supposed to be, having out with your friends and family, not partying as much."

We both nod.

I pray that I don't break Ana's heart, because I'll be facing my death on the spot.

___________