Chapter - 5

No. Sans couldn't be dead. Everyone saw the dust, but no one wanted to believe he was gone. Plus, he could come back to life if he wanted to.

"Guys! Quit being such BABYS!" Undyne screamed at everyone. "Sans is not dead. Watch. I-I know he's not. . ." 

"(Y/n) w-w-what d-does the n-note say?" Alphys questioned, oblivious to the fact that Sans could be dead.

(Y/n) nearly missed the question. Nearly. (Y/n) took the note out of her brown shorts, while everyone crowded around her? " It says. . . " (Y/n) started, " Ask the flowers."

"I GOT IT!" Undyne suddenly yelled out. She pushed everyone out her path and made her way to the Echo Flower that was near Sans's jacket. Undyne tapped the Echo Flower ever so slightly, that it started to talk.

"Hey there. Sans her-

"Oh. Hi guys. . . Wh-"

"NAPSTABLOOK! BE QUIET AND LISTEN TO THIS!" The tall skeleton yelled at the ghost. Napstablook obeyed as everyone started listening to Sans's voice.

"Anyways, is (Y/n) there? I kinda need to ask them something."

Everyone turned to look at (Y/n), who looked like Sans whenever he would space out.

"So, um. . . (Y/n) be honest with me. When are you going to RESET? And if you are. . . DO IT."

'Oh no.' Thought (Y/n) who looked at everyone. They all had a confused look, except Alphys. Alphys knew something, and (Y/n) needed to know what it was. After they got back home.

"I know you're just going to RESET anyway. . . Hey. Let me ask you something. Do you think even the worst person can changed. Well. . . They can't. They won't ever. Tell that to Papyrus for me (Y/n)."

Papyrus sat there, looking at the flower. He didn't say anything though, because he wanted to hear the rest of what Sans wanted to say. But he did look like he wanted to say something.

"Sigh. . . Heh. You know what? I don't care anymore." Then Sans just started laughing. His laugh through the flower sounded different. It sounded cold and dry. Emotionless, almost.

"You can't understand how this feels. Waking up everyday not knowing when you will RESET, (Y/n). Not knowing when everyone. . . when I have do to everything again. Pretending everything's okay."

Tories and Asgore both glanced at each other. They had no idea what Sans was talking about. The only ones who seemed to understand was Alphys and (Y/n). (I said this like 10000000 million times already)

"I don't know why I do what I do and keep on doing it. Eventually I felt nothing but. . . anguish. I realized that everything I did was for nothing. Knowing that I didn't do anything to stop what you created in those other timelines. . .Wait."

Sans paused for a second, as if suddenly realizing something. Then he spoke again.

"I bet everyone else is with you, right (Y/n)? Heh. They must think I'm crazy. Like Tori in that Underfell timeline or Horrortale. Heh. Listen everyone, if you want to know what I'm talking about, ask the one that killed all of you more than a hundred times. The one and only, (Y/n)."

Everyone looked at (Y/n). They shot a look at the monsters that said, I'll explain later.

"So. Let me just get one thing straight now. I never want to see any of you ever again. See ya. Oh by the way, I'm not dead."

The flower went quiet. Everyone sat there in silence, processing what they all just heard. Everyone thought Sans was done talking, until they heard a different voice.

"Wow! Smiley TrashBag sure is mad~! Hehe! Finally, something new. Right (Y/n)?" Then it went silent again.

Toriel looked like she was close to crying. Asgore did too. What they heard, sounded exactly like their dead daughter, Chara

"Let's go home, everybody." Asgore said. There was a hint of sadness in his voice.

Everyone got up and left to leave, except (Y/n). They saw something, hidden in the Echo flowers. They knew exactly what it was though.

"Mom? Dad? I'm going to stay for a minute." (Y/n) said.

Asgore and Toriel both looked at each other with concerned faces. But they knew (Y/n) could handle themselves. So of course they let them stay for a minute or two.

As soon as everyone was out of sight, (Y/n) let out a soft voice.

"Asriel?"

-Wherever Sans Is-

Sans walked around the streets of the city. He could feel all the eyes on him, but he didn't care. He felt like he could destroy all of them right now. He didn't though, because he couldn't waste time. All he needed was a jacket, and he was done. For all Sans knew, his friends---

No. The monsters could be right behind him. So he couldn't let a minute of time slip pass.

After another five minutes, Sans finally reached his destination. One step into the store and everyone was eyeballing him. Sans just walked past the humans and started looking for what he wanted. Heck, the Underground didn't have these. He was lucky just to be able to at least go inside one. But he would rather stay in the Underground then up on the surface right now.

A black jacket. It looked exactly the same as Sans's old jacket, except it was black and it had a couple pockets inside. Sans walked up to the cash register and put the jacket on the counter. The man behind gave Sans sceptical look before checking the price tag.

"30$ plus tax." The man said.

Sans stood there, confused. 'What does tax mean?' He thought. Sans never heard of tax, and he didn't even bring enough money. What did he bring, like 15$? It wasn't enough.

Sans took the jacket off the counter, before looking at the door. He smiled to himself.

"Sorry buddy, but this is mine now." Sans said before teleporting out of the store into another one. He looked around and no one noticed. Sans could see in the other store, as the man ran out the door, looking for him.

'That was easy.' Sans said as he teleported again.

Over 1000+ words! What do you think will happen in chapter 6?