TWENTY-TWO

"Jake, Britt. You in here?" A familiar male voice called out. "In here Embery," I whispered carefully not to wake up the sleeping werewolf in my lap. "Hey- oh. Sorry" his voice faded into a whisper. "How's he doing?" He asked in a quieter voice.
   "Well I stayed here overnight and he kept waking up in the middle of the night but I helped ease his pain and get him back to sleep every time," I told him truthfully. "How did you help 'ease his pain'?" He asked. "You're talking to an emotion controlling vampire," I sasses. "Right," he chuckled softly.
     It was silent for a few minutes - other than Jacob's snores - while Embery sat himself down on the floor into a comfortable position until he spoke up again. "How much longer until he gets better you think?" He asked me. "From one of the recent visions I've had, he will be healed in two days," I told him. "But the future can always change," I added quickly afterwards.
    "That's good," he sighed. "I know," I smiled softly and leaned my head against the wall before running my fingers back through Jacobs hair again.

      I was right, in just two days Jacob had woken up in the middle of the night again feeling completely better.
    "I've got to get back to my house. I'll come and see you tomorrow, okay?" I told Jacob standing in his front yard in front of the old red house. "Okay. Thank you again," he thanked me for the millionth time in the past hour. "Jacob, you're my absolute best friend. Of corse I'm going to help you," I told him truthfully.
    "Bye, Jake." I said wrapping my arms around his neck and pulling him in for a hug. "Bye, Bri" he whispered into my neck. We pulled away and I started to walk away before I turned around and called out to him. "Peace out, Jake," I held up a peace sign with my fingers, little giggles escaping past my lips from our past childhood memories.
    "Peace out, Bri Bri," he chuckled along. I threw my head backs laughing as I walked away to the edge of the forest before breaking into an inhuman sprint through the trees leaving Jacob to stand there and watch me disappear.

     When I got to the house the forest was pitch black but I could see my family sitting in the illuminated windows of the house. I walked up to the back deck and opened the door stepping inside. I walked upstairs to the living room. Jasper got up form his spot on the couch where he was playing video games with Emmett wand hugged me.
    I wrapped my arms around his rib cage while his arms hung around my waist. He placed a long kiss on my forehead. "I'm going to go change out of the old clothes," I whispered as he pulled back and nodded his head. He walked back over to the couch while I made my way upstairs.
   I put my old clothes in the hamper and put on a pair of black leggings, a red and navy blue stripped long mid cut sleeve shirt with a pair of grey ankle boots and walked back downstairs.
   I walked over to the couch and sat down in between Jasper and Emmett on the couch and draped my legs over Jasper's lap and rested my head in his shoulder.
     "How's Jacob?" He asked politely. "Much better," I simply replied. "Britt, I'm really sorry please know we tried-" I cut him off. "It's okay Jazz. There's nothing you could've done to stop it from happening," I told him.
    "Britt, Jasper!" Alice came dancing in the room. "Yes, Alice?" I asked looking up and over the couch to see her. "Bella will be coming over all day tomorrow so that means you need to either stay upstairs or find somewhere else to go," she told us with a frown. "Can't Edward keep her at home!" I groaned and fell back into Jasper's shoulder.
Emmett and Jasper chuckled next to me at my reaction. "Sorry," he grumbled walking past us and upstairs. Sighing, I nodded my head and snuggled into Jasper's chest, enjoying the rest of the night as much as I could.

Hey lovies! Here's another chapter. But don't go anywhere because the next one will be up in under an hour so hang around. I have a challenge for you guys so listen up! I Fell In Love With A Cullen is up to 45.8 thousand reads when I started writing this chapter. So, after I update this next chapter, I want you guys to tell all your friends, online friends, siblings, cousins, anyone really to come and check out my story. Let's try and get this story up to 50 thousand reads by the end of the month and then I will throw in a surprise for you all! I love you all so much. Don't forget to comment, vote, and add my story to your reading list!

~Lu~