Chapter 5

This was, like the rest of the chapters, written past 3 a.m. so I'm not responsible as to what it leads to. Enjoy the chapter!

<><><><><><><>

I didn't see the motorcycle coming. It was a flash. It happened so quickly. I don't remember whether  I jumped away, or got hit away, or for all I knew I could've been dead.

Last thing I remembered was my heart beating so fast and the sky was a perfect shade of blue when my vision faded away.

Dad didn't show up that night. I knew because I was up all night. My fear of thunder was irrational but I couldn't help it. It kept me awake. Crying a bit, nodding off a bit, sitting up a bit... And that's how my night went. I don't remember what happened afterwards. I knew dad came back home but I didn't know when.

After that day, he didn't come home the same. He was a different person. He smelled. And not his usual musky smell. Something different. I used to like what he smelled like because I knew that that is dad's. It was the smell of his books, of his cigars, of his office. Even his coats when I used to wear them smelled like it.

It was gone forever.

I hoped everyday he came back home for him to smell like what he used to, but it never changed back.

"Is he dead?"

"Well I fucking hope not"

"But what if he's dead?"

"You're not helping, Rue."

"We're in deep trouble oh my God what are we gonna do how did you not see him oh my God I knew we should've took my car you asshat"

"Calm The Fuck Down" a slightly deeper voice yelled at the girl who wouldn't shut up. Can't a guy die in peace in this place.

The muffled voices kept arguing until I felt a cold hand making its way to my neck.

"He's got a pulse. We're good" The deeper voice exhaled, and I assumed it was his hand that was on my neck. His cold yet strangely soft hand.

Suddenly I was being shook. And it's then when I realized I wasn't dead. And that there's a stone under my head which probably made a dent in my skull.

"Hey... Hey, wake up"

My eyes opened slightly, a thin line of vision appearing. As they opened wider, and the blurry vision sharpened, the deepest blue eyes were staring back at me. They were an almost silver blue, mesmerizing.

"Oh thank goodness. He's awake" he turned to the other person, who was now staring in my face too.

"Wh-What happened" I managed to squeak out and I swear my voice is not that pitchy.

They helped me sit up. I was now able to get a proper look at them. The blue eyed cold handed guy had light brown hair and delicate features. He looked smooth yet rough.

The girl, on the other hand, was something else completely. Her hair color was brighter than my future. It was a firey hot pink, shoulder length. Its edges were sharper than my intelligence. Her eyes were a bluish gray too, but they lacked the silver gleam. She had a septum ring, and she was paler than the Cullens. Her eyeliner was thick and winged.

"Are you okay human" she asked. She talked funnily. She pronounced 'human' like 'hooman' which sounded weird. But I liked it.

"I'm fine. What happened?" I was now on my feet, dusting off my clothes.

"You weren't looking and I almost hit you with my bike" he said.

I was starting to remember. I was walking and a motorcycle comes at 438294720 miles per hour. I jumped away, and from what it looks like, I landed on my head.