One Moment

Jessica woke up Right by the paddock walls. She wasn't inside anymore, but man does she wish she was. The sun was high in the sky, and Jessie new she was screwed. Owen would be worried about her.

But would he? He is with Claire, why does he need her?

That is what ran through Jessica's mind. It has been her and Owen for so long. It didn't both her when he went out with other girls, well it did but not this much.

Claire was the one that gave her back to Angel, and separated her from Owen. Did Owen forget that? It was like a knife to the back to Jessica. 

Jessica got up and dusted off her self from the dirt. She hopped back on to the bike, and drove.

She didn't know where she was driving to, but it was to clear her head. 

----------------------------------------------------

"Oi Barry!" Owen called as soon as he showed up for work. "You seen Jess?"

"Not since last night." Barry told him. 

"She was here?" Owen asked. Before Barry could say anything, The Raptors began to coo at the gate. There was small footprints. Could only be made from a female who was under weight. The tracks not only go past the gate into the paddock, but also out and to tire treads made from a motorcycle.

He looked at his friend.

"She went in last night, didn't she." Owen summarized. 

"It keeps her level headed." Barry said. "I try to convince her not to, but we both know she won't listen."

Owen sighed and began to follow the trail. He hopped on to an ATV and followed the disturbed ground of the forest.  The whole time he couldn't help but have one question in his head.

Why did she need to run?

----------------------------------------------------

Jessica stopped at the river. It was in the middle of the forest, and lead to a large waterfall. She only came here when she was scared. She found it years ago, when Hoskins began to pester at her. It was a safe spot that no one knew. 

No one.

She sat on the ground near the large split tree. The leaves acted as an umbrella to the ground. She reached into the tree and pulled out the small lunch box. It was a Guardians of The Galaxy Lunch box Owen got her. She told him it got "lost", but in reality she kept her secrets in there. 

After brushing off the tree dust and dirt, Jessie opened the box with a faint creak. The lid was taped with Photos of her and Owen, The Raptors, and her and Barry. Inside was filled with trinkets. 

She had a rounded rock, that looked like a crystal. When Owen got full Custody of her, They went to a small beach like area to celebrate. He picked that rock and gave it to her. 

"I like this rock out of them all. This Rock, is perfect on the outside and is pretty. But on the inside, it has little cracks making it unique. Just Like you."

That is what he told her that day. Owen thought she had lost it but she kept it. 

There was a large purple sharpie inside as well. That was the mark where Jessica wrote on the promise wall by herself for the first time. She held it close and imagined Owen's reaction. He was so happy. She did it by herself. The words she wrote had a bigger impact though.

To Hold on, even when you want to let go.

The last major object, was a unopened letter. When Owen got custody, Jessica received all of her belongings as well as her parents. It was a letter from her dad. He died before he could give it to her. She never opened it before, and she didn't want Owen knowing either.

Jessica put the box back it the tree, and began to climbing the trees, put her feet in the water and mess around in the wild. 

As she did this, she sang a small song.

Hold
Hold on
Hold on to me
'Cause I'm a little unsteady
A little unsteady

What she didn't realize was Owen stood there listening and watching. He didn't want to disturb her graceful actions. 

Mama, come here
Approach, appear
Daddy, I'm alone
'Cause this house don't feel like home
If you love me, don't let go

Hold
Hold on
Hold on to me
'Cause I'm a little unsteady
A little unsteady

However it began to grow dark. Owen cleared his throat, startling Jessica and making her fall into the river. Owen laughed at his little girl's face as she grumbled of getting soaked.

"You alright?" Owen asked. Jessica sighed and looked around.

"Yeah, I'm better." She said with confidence. And that was all that was said.

The two went home, never discussing what was going on. Jessica had her time to herself, and Owen didn't want to pry. He was too nervous of setting her off. Jess is almost a teenager, he gets worried. 

They sat in the little home, eating mac and cheese Jessica made. They both eat with small talks in between but Jessica mainly looked at the wall and held the words in her head to keep her moving forward.

To Hold on, even when you want to let go.

Holy Shit, I haven't updated in so long. I am so sorry. College sucks ass.
Next Chapter will start from the Movie, and she will be seventeenish.
Love you all!!!!

~Charlie