t h r e e

Lucas pushes me harshly towards the Don's massive door making me almost lost my balance. I hiss when my knees hit the floor feeling the wound to open again. Lucas strong and arrogant demeanor suddenly changes to tension after he presses the button to signal the Don of our arrival.

As soon as the door unlocks, Lucas grabs my arm to drag me inside. I hear him clears his throat before he speaks.

"Don, I brought the girl with me as you requested." The Don chairs slowly turns around to meet us. His scowling face welcomes us making me cringe internally as I avoid meeting his gaze.

"Requested?" The don raises his eyebrow, his tone hard cold. Lucas startles in fear with his hands fidgeting. His face starts to loss its color.

"I-i thought you-" The Don cuts his explanation.

"I don't make request Lucius. I command." Lucas eyes widen in fear from offending his master.

"It's Lucas D-don, and yes ofcourse as you will."

"Whatever. Leave now." He shoos Lucas out whilw he rubs his left hand towards his forehead indicating his annoyance.
As soon as Lucas take his leave, I hear Harold mutters the word 'stupid' and shakes his head.

Now as I am left alone with him, the feeling of awkwardness risens on my part. I gulp and my body tenses when his bored eyes turn to me.

"Stand up." He orders.

I hastily stands myself up flinching when I feel my knees sting in pain again. My eyes are glued on the floor as I wait for him to speak again .

"It seems like you have no use to me." He breaks the silence.

My face ashens in fear realizing to where this conversation is heading to. Silence is my response afraid to make my situation get any worse.

"I learned that you are so weak and that is a liabiality on my part. You see, I am running and leading millions of people. They see me as formidable and powerful, qualities that a good leader should have. Apparently, my people who works for me also reflects me. And you are not giving me a good image."

I clench my hands as anger fills me in no time from his audacity of telling me how I am smudging his so called image of greatness. How dare him say that after he forced me into grave work not even granting me of rest when I was and still desperately in need of it and then he calls himself a leader?

"What do you want from me?" I move my eyes towards him meeting his eyes. A fire of emotions ignites inside me that my fears are all pushed back in my mind. My irritation grows even more when he seems to be amused by my direct words.

"Your bravado is impressive but you can't fool me." He smirks again.

"I am not faking my courage. This is inherent to me the day I was born. Sadly you won't understand that because you got none of it." I spit at him.

"Your attitude is refreshing I must say coming from a low life like you. Honestly it urges me to crush it and put it to where it should belong." He says not even bothered of what I have I just said to him.

"And that brought me to an idea. It will surely trim down the sharp edges of your attitude and ofcourse something that will put that smart mouth of yours into good use." He smirks devilishly.

I feel all my sense of hope dies down into ashes as I listen to the rest of his plans for me.

***

"Lisa where are they bringing you?" Esme asks in panic. I didn't respond to her as I feel myself crying again.

"Lisa you are making me worried. Talk to me please." Esme pleads.