Chapter 174 - Finding Dory

I woke up Saturday morning to my phone dinging from right under my ear. I yawned and forced my eyes to open. I grabbed my phone and pulled it out turning it on.

Josh:
Hey, you okay?

I stared at the message confused for a second, then replied.

Abigail:
Yeah, why do you ask?

Josh:
I just, I saw what your dad tweeted last night, and he said you were freaked out. I just thought I should ask.

Josh:
Anyways...

Josh:
I was wondering if you'd like to go see Finding Dory with me???

Abigail:
I'll have to ask, but I'd love to!

I quickly set my phone down and walked into the living room, my parents were sitting down with coffee, reading. Vanessa's head was in the crook of Lins neck and she was reading his book, keeping her mug pressed to her bottom lip, every couple of seconds tipping it slightly into her mouth.

"Hi sweetheart." I heard my dad say, looking at me.

"Morning Darling." Vanessa yawned, "come join us." She patted the cushion next to her.

"Actually, I just have a question." I said, clasping my hands in front of me, and rocking back and forth on my heels.

"Okay." Lin said, closing the book, his index finger marking his place.

"My friend Josh was wondering if I could go see Finding Dory with him today."

"Is he a friend from school?" My mom asked, interested.

"No, we met at EduHam." I said, biting my lip.

"Oh! He was the kid you sat with!" Lin said, understanding.

"Mmhm." I nodded, happily.

"So, um, is this a date? Because, if it's a date, I'd like to have a chance to talk with him. Like, have a conversation." Lin said leaning forward a little.

"Oh! Oh no!" I laughed a little, "um, Josh is just a friend."

"Oh." Lin shrugged, "I'd still like to meet him, I mean, just, making sure your friends are nice, so, um, I'll drive you to the theater. What time?" He asked.

"I don't know, I'll ask Josh." I smiled.

"Okay." My dad smiled, and pulled his book back out, wrapping an arm around my sleepy mother. I went back into my room and grabbed my phone.

Abigail:
My parents said yes. What time?

Josh:
Awesome! Um, how's 11:30? That's the soonest showing.

Abigail:
Okay. I'll meet you at the theater at 11:15?

Josh:
Sounds good, see you then!

Abigail:
Okay! See you then.

"Can we be there by 11:15?" I yelled to my dad.