Doctors Orders

Alex

I'm trapped in darkness. I hear Cole but I can't see him. I can feel his pain but I can't comfort him and tell him that it's okay. I let out a cough as my throat tickles from dryness. Am I finally waking up?

I start to open my eyes, not having much strength in my body at the moment.

"C-Cole" I stutter out.

"I'm here baby. I'm always right here" He sighs. His words making my heart skip.

I try to sit up when I feel a hand on my back. 

"Let me help you" Cole says. He steadies my back while pushing me upwards.

"Thank you" I tell him and he gives me a hug. 

I hug him back and face the end of the bed and start to move my feet to the floor and get up. "N-No the doctor said that until you're fully good to move you should stay in bed"

"Cole, I got bit. I didn't break my legs" I say looking at him. He just shakes his head 'no' before moving to the other side of the bed and slipping right next to me. 

"Nope. I don't want my baby getting anymore hurt then she already is. So until you are healed you can only get up to go to the bathroom" he says wrapping his arm around my waist pulling me closer. I snuggle into him making him less tense. "That's more like it" he says to me tightening his grip on my waist, not letting me move.

"I'm tired" I say to him making him laugh.

"You were asleep for 2 days and you're tired" He said to me. This causes me to shoot up.

"What?" I ask him "I was out for that long?!" I ask shocked making me spring out of the bed.

"Baby" he growled, getting out of the bed quickly going up to me and hugging me. "lay back down" he cooed into my ear. I shake my head 'no' and push his away slightly. He looks at me with a small bit of hurt in his eyes. I look up at his face, and for once I truly looked at him. Fully. I saw heavy black bags under his eyes and his skin looked a shade paler than normal.

"Don't look at me like that" he says making me snap out of my thoughts.

"Like what?" I ask him, slightly confused 

"With worry. Like I'm just a sick little puppy" he scoffs and I look up at his eyes.

"You haven't been sleeping or eating?" I ask. Hoping that I was wrong.

"I couldn't leave you, not for a second" 

"You could've slept at least"

"Not with the thought of you not waking up. I just couldn't. I had to be watching you" He says in a sad voice. He paused for a moment before speaking "You are more important than me"

"No, we are equal" I say making him chuckle.

"What ever you say baby. You really are perfect aren't you" He says but not as a question but as a statement.

"Now go lay back down." he says making me roll my eyes.

"Cole. Again, my legs are not broken. My shoulder is the body part that is hurt" I say and he growls coming over to me picking me up and carrying me to the bed. He holds me closer making me cuddle next to him. "You're not leaving" he says placing a kiss on my nose.

"You're such a dork"

"But I'm your dork"

"That you are" I say making us both laugh but I stop due to the pain from moving my shoulders. I see Cole's eyes change colors for a second. 

"What happened?"

"I have an Alpha meeting but I told them that I couldn't make it"

"Cole why would you do that?" I say raising my voice a bit

"I have to stay with you. All Alphas put their mates first. To us they are the most important thing in our lives."

"Cole, your work is very important and you shouldn't have to not be there just cause I have to stay in bed"

"Baby. Please don't argue. You are more important to me." he kisses my forehead. I sigh. I didn't feel like arguing with him. 

"Fine, but those Alpha meetings are important. Don't put too many of them off."

"What ever you say kitten"

---------------------------------------

Can someone explain why it took me 3 Fucking days for my wattpad to actually work. It hasn't been letting me work on the chapters. 

Thank you for like 3k reads.

Will try to update. I am only slow because I am on a dance company and have 9 classes a week. ALSO SCHOOL IS A BITCH AT THE MOMENT.

Love y'all 

-Emma