September 20, 2016

As you all know, They Call Me Lunatic has come to a close.

I did not plan on explaining my actions or reasons for writing the book, but I feel as though I almost owe it to you all. First, I would like to thank you all for even sticking around this long. So, thank you!

Okay, well. Here it goes.

They Call Me Lunatic was never meant to be a story of two mates much like every other werewolf book on Wattpad. If you wanted the cliche plot line and ending then I suppose you probably didn't even make it this far. My goal in writing this was to put an entirely new twist on the Wattpad werewolf novels.

Most times, the plot of a werewolf novel goes like the following:
• girl has some sort of family/social issue
• meets mate who happens to be a cocky alpha and what not
• she all of a sudden turns into a literal badass and starts going all hardcore on her mate because she doesn't want to accept him
• they end up falling in love
• someone gets pregnant
• the main girl gets taken because somehow this girl who literally was treated like scum in the beginning becomes very important to a group of rogues who teamed up with hunters
• main alpha dude character saves her
• happily ever after w/ two kids

Freaking neck jab me if I'm wrong.

This was exactly what I was trying to avoid.

I wanted something new. I wanted something fresh. What the heck is a shredder? Why haven't I heard of this term before? Oh right! Because I made it up!

I wanted something new and exciting. I wanted to hit you guys with so many plot twists that you could feel your brain leaking out of your ears.

They Call Me Lunatic is not a love story entirely. Sure, sure. Arden does end up falling in love, but that's not the entire concept of the story. I think writers often forget what a sequel is. It's a continuation of the first book. I couldn't just write a book with Grey who literally had zero lines in The Alpha Calls Me Kitten and say "oh yeah, this is a sequel." No! That's not how it works.

This book was about how Arden (or Grey) was trying to figure out who she was. She was constantly having this mental battle of "who am I really?" She was torn between being a pack wolf like her family or a shredder like Kieran, her mate. Chapter Twenty-Nine was the ending of her mental battle. Jale dies, and she slips into unconsciousness. There's nothing she can do any more. She dies choosing to find Kieran. She makes up her mind by the end of the chapter once she realizes that Jale is dead. She still wants to find Kieran. She chooses him.

That was it.

That was how the story ended.

I could have went on for like another thirty chapters explaining how Arden, Kieran, Bolton, Marilyn and the rest of the shredders slaughtered the werewolf council-therefore taking over it-, and how they fought against the human government and their military. Heck, I could have made another books entirely! I could have explained how the shredder and pack wolf border was created, and how the main pack wolf alpha was chosen.

But why?

It no longer had any relation to The Alpha Calls Me Kitten. Everyone besides Riley and Arden would have been gone, so there really wasn't any point in calling it a sequel anymore. It no longer pertained to the first book. That's why it's all summarized in the epilogue.

It's the ending to their book.

Sure, their ending involved more murder, but it was still the ending to the main conflict of the entire book. Kieran, Marilyn, and Bolton were free, and Arden chose Kieran over her family even if she felt guilt afterward.

As for the epilogue, it's purposely written in Baez's point of view. Baez is an unreliable character. She was not a witness to anything that happened to Kieran and Arden, so therefore she isn't exactly the most reliable narrator. That's why I chose her. What she states in the epilogue is purely based on what she knows or what people have told her. Some things that she has heard may or may not have even been true. It leaves that little bit of suspense. It leaves you thinking, "oh, well what really did happen?" Baez's opinions are also extremely biased. You can tell by how she speaks so fondly of shredder life vs her very negative view of pack wolves. That's because she grew up into this life. She grew up knowing the world was split into two territories. Shredder and pack wolf.

This note was meant to shed some light on They Call Me Lunatic. I did not write it for the concept of mates, but more for the concept of bravery. I wanted to really stick true to a believable and some-what realistic plot. I tried putting myself in Arden's shoes. She was an orphan sent to a mental hospital who was also a werewolf. Her life was a big mess, and I wanted her inner struggle to be the main focus point.

I hope you enjoyed the book. It took me a year and two months to write, so hopefully you did.

- Nikola A. Remiro