Chapter 12

Bucky catches Kyra as she falls or faints to be exact. She feels warm and soft in his arms, even his metal arm can feel her! 60 shoots Bucky a look as Bucky picks Kyra into his arms, her hand dangles down, limp. Ogie takes her hand as Bucky walks into the apartment and lays her down on his pallet. Night curls up beside Kyra and whines, begging his master to wake up.

Everyone piles into the apartment, no longer caring about being enemies but caring only about Kyra, the woman who connects them all together. Bucky brushes back a lock of her brown hair from her face and looks down at the woman he loves yet no longer truly knows. What horrors has she seen? What type of pain and torture has she endured? All thoughts that spread like wildfire through Bucky's head, sparking another horrible question.

60 glares at Bucky, not liking how it was him who caught 259, not liking how close he is to her either. 60 puts his knife away, no longer caring about trying to kill the targets. He just wants his Sleeping Beauty to wake up from her slumber.

Ogie looks up at Bucky, a frightened look on his face, "Is she going to be ok?"

"I don't really know." Bucky replies in a sad voice, angry that he can't do anything to help his love.

Sylvia sits down on one of the pallets, Steve's to be exact, and looks at everybody. "Why don't we all sit down and try to be at ease. I'm sure my sister would love it to wake up and find that we're all friends."

60 and Sam look at her like she's stupid while 117 and Ogie nod their heads in agreement with her. Bucky sits down beside Kyra, intertwining his hand with hers, and looks at Sylvia. 60 sits down right beside him to his right. 284 and 117 sit down beside 60. Sam and Steve sit beside Bucky. Ogie squirms his way in-between Bucky and 60, easing the tension a little bit since they don't want to hurt a little boy, especially one who seems to deeply bonded with the woman they both love.

Bucky hears a growl behind him and turns to see Sylvia's dog, baring his teeth at Bucky and 60. Ogie smiles and moves aside so Sylvia's dog can help comfort Night as he whines beside his master. Ogie looks at Bucky with curiosity in his eyes, "Who are you and how do you know 259?"

It takes Bucky a moment to process that 259 and Kyra are the same person. "My name is Bucky. And yours is?"

"Ogie."

60 grabs ahold of Ogie and scoots him away from Bucky, not wanting him to socialize with the enemy. Bucky glares at 60, the two start a staring contest and don't look away until 259 gasps. Immediately, Bucky grabs ahold of her hand and looks down at her, concern written across his face. He feels something hit him in the face and he staggers back, hand on his face over the red hand imprint.

Sam and Steve look alive, 284 puts his hand on his pistol, ready to point it at someone. Ogie runs and hides behind Sylvia. Bucky glares at 60, the person who'd hit him. You can practically see the waves of rage pour off of 60. "Don't ever! Touch her!" he yells.

Bucky straightens, standing his ground, "She's my girlfriend, I can touch her however and whenever I want!"

"No, you can't!"

The two men rush at each other and start throwing punches at the other. Shocked, the others stand and watch them until Steve snaps out of it and moves to pull them away from each other. "I wouldn't do that!" Sylvia yells.

Steve ignores her and grabs ahold of Bucky, 284 does the same to 60. Bucky delivers a punch with his metal arm at 60's face and everyone can hear bones crack as Bucky's metal fist connects with 60's nose.

"You were never there!" 60 yells at Bucky and grabs ahold of his hair.

"She loved me first!" Bucky yells back and kicks him in the gut.

Both men overpower the two people trying to pull them apart and give the other one even more bruises and injuries. Night stands protectively beside his master, snarling at them if they get to close. Sylvia looks down at her sister from across the room and smiles when she sees Kyra's eyelids flutter for a moment. Bucky and 60 continue their fight outside the apartment.