Chapter 11

Jared Saul Mondragon's POV

The driver skidded to a stop, and the bearded man grabbed me from flying but didn't have time to stop Bryn. She hit her head on the back of the driver's seat, the impact knocking her out cold. I was about to reach my hand out to her to see if she was okay, but I remembered my wrists were tied. There wasn't anything I could do, and the thought made me angry.

Before I could say any protest, the bearded man yanked me out of the van. I fell to the gravel ground and he proceeded to drag me, giving me a few cuts here and there. I looked back at Bryn, only to see that she was limply being picked up by a man with a tattoo of the Holy Cross on his hand. I started struggling, trying to get away from the man. He grunted, before walking faster, giving me the gift of having even worse cuts.

I looked around hastily, realizing we were in the middle of the woods. I craned my neck behind me, to see the bearded man walking towards a cabin. I took my chance, purposely struggling even harder to reach for the pocket knife that was in my back pocket. I had it successfully in my grasp before the bearded man opened the door. It was dark inside the cabin, the only light coming through the window.

The man dragged me up the stairs before slamming me onto a chair, putting another chair behind me. The other man slowly placed Bryn down, our backs facing each other. I quickly grabbed hold of her hand, too dark for the idiots to notice. She mumbled a few things under her breath but made no sign of waking up. I slid the pocket knife inside her back pocket, in case anything happened, I would be able to grab it.

The men talking brought me to my attention. I couldn't hear specifically since they were talking in hushed whispers. The bigger one looked at me, before stalking towards me. The last thing I saw was his Holy Cross coming straight towards my face.

~

Bryn Atkinson's POV

I woke up to somebody opening my eyelid. I groaned in protest, the bright light hurts my eyes. I quickly shut my eyes until I heard the sound of a flashlight clicking off. I opened my eyes again to see the bearded man standing in front of me. He abruptly walks away, and I take that as my chance to look around.

The place was empty and dark, spider webs hanging on the corners. I looked out the window to see nothing but green.

Great. The woods.

I squirmed in my chair, uncomfortable with my slumping position. That's when I felt something. I turned my head, looking past my shoulder, only to see Jared. His head was resting on his shoulder, and that was all I could see from my point of view. I don't know how much time has passed with him and me in here.

Jared and I left my house early in the morning since it was Saturday. Normally I would sleep in, but Jared was very persistent on hanging out, so I tagged along. And that's when all of this bull shit happened. The sudden splash of water made me flinched slightly. Jared gasped, fully awake, moving around in his chair, making the floor creak.

He started touching my butt, so I slapped his hand away if it was even possible. But he was so indefatigable, and I realized he was trying to get something from my back pocket. He pulled out whatever was hidden in there, putting it in my hand before clutching it into a fist.

A pocket knife.

"Who is this?" One of the men asked Jared. I couldn't see, but from the sound of paper, my first guess was that he was showing Jared a photograph.

"Vete a chupar una puta verga." Jared savagely replied, the sound of him spitting emitting the room. Shortly after, the sound of skin against skin was heard. The impact of the man slapping Jared was so hard, he fell to the side, dragging the chair along with him. Jared groaned before gunshots were heard. The sound of glass breaking caught my attention.