Fo.teen

It was time for the game, and I don't know why I was nervous. I was excited about seeing Jay, I really missed him. The lunch 'date' with Deshaun and I turned out okay, but one of his little hoes started to get beside themselves. It's not like I was about to main the guy.

I drove to the stadium, adjusting my jersey as I exited the car. I grabbed my ticket, and started to walk towards the entrance. While doing that, I couldn't dodge the feeling of being watched. Something told me that I would regret coming to California this weekend, but all of those thoughts went away as I saw the large picture of Jay. I smiled to myself.

I handed the Ticketmaster my ticket, and went into the skybox to take my seat. The game started off very shaky, and you could tell the team was nervous. They kept throwing Jay the ball, but every time the other team would intercept it. I shook my head as he missed another pass, then the buzzer sounded for half-time.

As the boys ran into the lockerooms, I quickly walked down. I stood outside, hearing them getting their asses handed to them.

" I don't know what the problem is, but this isn't my team. You're not here, you're not hungry for it. You guys dominated in practice, dominated the scrimmage games, so what makes this different? Get your head in the game, let's go! " I could hear the boys getting up, and their cleats clacking against the tile floor. As they walked out of the door, some of them starred at me.

" Damn. " I heard one of them groan.

The coach walked out, and looked at me. He sighed, seemingly reliefed. He had to have known who I was. He gestured me inside. I looked at Jay as he sat down on the bench, hands covering his face. His curly hair was braided back and nicely edged, as always. His beard neatly trimmed, and his body on point.

" Need a little motivation? " I smiled. He quickly picked his head up, running over to me. He picked me up, hugging me. " Please, put me down. You're sweaty and you have grass all over you. "

" Two things you hate, huh? " he smiled at me. I looked into his eyes, and genuinely could tell that he was happy to see me. " What are you doing here? With all that's happening with your people, you don't need to be seen. "

" It's not about me, or them, its about you. I had to come support you. " I told him. He lowered his hands, resting them on my waist.

" You know you're my good luck charm, right? " he bit his bottom lip, seductively.

" What has college done to my baby? " I cupped his face as he laughed. He kissed my forhead, but I grabbed his face, kissing his lips. He was taken back.

" Damn. Good thing I have on a jock. " he chuckled, looking down.

" Get the hell outta' here, Jay. " I lightly pushed him, and he walked away. He got to the door, then turned around.

" Thank you. " he smiled.

After that, I returned to my seat, confident that the game would take a reassuring turn, which it did. Jay and the boys played their hearts out, doubling their score over the other team. It came down to the last few seconds, and Jay ran the winning touchdown. The crowd roared and cheered as his team ran onto the field, uplifting each other. I smiled. As I got prepared to leave the skybox, my phone rung.

Yes, dad?

I need you to be careful, and monitor where you go, and who you're with. I just received word that somebody thinks we're back, so they're out looking. Please, be careful, Deon.

I will, I will.

How did the game go?

They won, so I'm sure everyone is excited.

Good, good. Again, stay safe and tell June Bug I said hello, and that I'm proud of him. I love you, son.

I will, dad, and I love you too.

I hung up the phone, feeling a pair of strong arms wrap around my waist. I laughed as his beard tickled my neck.

" That better be Nelson, and not a weak ass nigga? " Jay spoke. I looked up at him, and he was looking at me.

" And if it was? " I sassed and he rolled his eyes. " I hope you came to spend the weekend? "

" I did. " I nodded and he blushed.

" Good, because you're coming home with me. Let me go shower, and we can leave, alright? " he held onto my hand as he slowly walked away.

" Alright, June Bug. " he chuckled.