Chapter Twelve

Hey guys! PLEASE COMMENT IT MAKES ME FEEL BETTER ABOUT THIS STORY<3
xoxo
____________

Draco
.
.
.
I anxiously tapped my foot and looked at the ground. What was taking her so long? Delia wasn't one to simply blow someone off but perhaps this was retributive justice coming from her since I did the same only a few nights ago. Maybe Potter was holding her up. They were unusually close lately....No. I shook my head and resolved that she'd had to study. I heard a commotion in the hallway and peeked out to see Professor Slughorn carrying someone in his arms followed by Potter and Weasley with Granger not far behind. Professor McGonagall was frantically urging Slughorn to get to the infirmary within the next two minutes.
"Mr. Malfoy go back to your dormitory. You know the rules about roaming the castle this late." McGonagall said as she briskly passed me. Potter eyed me suspiciously and I reached out to Hermione. She turned around incredulously and I cleared my throat.
"What's going on?"
"I don't have time to listen to you pretend to care, Malfoy. Delia could die you know." She ran off after them and disappeared around the corner, leaving me utterly speechless. I decided to visit her in the middle of the night, since I didn't sleep much anyways so I headed to the Room of Requirement until it was 3 a.m.
.
.
.
After haphazardly attempting to mend the vanishing cabinet that my father had been urging me to fix in the last week with a mountain of letters, I decided to head to the infirmary. Naturally, the well-lit corridors were empty but Filch was always hiding among the shadows so one had to be careful. The infirmary was dark and nearly all the beds were empty except a first year with a broken arm and leg and her. Slowly approaching her bed, stepping carefully to make little to no noise, I saw her red hair. Her fair skin was crowded by pink blotches on her limbs, and her lips were plump. Sweaty hands and a tear streaked face hinted at her condition but I wouldn't know until she told me herself. I gently squeezed her tiny hand and felt small lines of raised skin on her wrist. I looked around and pulled out my wand.
"Lumos." I whispered, making a small light shine on her skin. Delia has small pink scars on her wrists that I couldn't explain. Delia was good. Who did this to her? A door opened nearby and I assumed Madame Pomfrey was coming to check on her. I smoothed out her hair, inhaling it's floral scent as I kissed her forehead. Slipping out, I went to sleep in the Room of Requirement so I could see her first thing in the morning.

Delia
.
.
.
"Delia please wake up." A sweet velvety voice called to me from far away. I tried to respond or call out to him but to no avail. My eyelids felt terribly heavy but slowly, they fluttered open. The blonde head of Draco Malfoy was the first thing I saw. A small smile played on my face as I licked my lips.
"What does a girl have to do around here to get some water, ferret?" He rolled his eyes and handed me a small cup. The cool water slid down my parched throat and I smiled.
"Back to that are we, Edwards?"
"Depends. What are you doing here, Malfoy?"
"I saw Slughorn rushing you with McGonagall and your...friends to the infirmary. I was waiting for you in the Astronomy Tower. What happened?" I fidgeted, uneasy about telling him that his girlfriend was the one who'd gotten me in this bed in the first place. I was biased to think she did it but I couldn't think of anyone who disliked me as much as she did.
"D'you remember I told you I was deathly allergic to peanuts?" I didn't look at him and twisted my fingers, not wanting to see the anger in his eyes. He came closer to me and reached out for my hand but instead let it fall on the white sheets of the bed near it.
"How could you be so careless, Dee?" I looked up at him in shock, feeling anger rise and my blood boil.
"I didn't do anything. Why don't you ask the parasite you call your girlfriend what treats she's been baking lately?" I spat, knowing my hair color was clearly changing to a furious red from what I could see from the hair that cascaded down my chest.
"Pansy? You're a mess." He laughed at me and my nostrils flared. I was utterly annoyed at his disbelief. Pansy was far from angelic and had spat more threats at me than I could count on one hand.
"If you're going to laugh at me, you can leave, Draco Malfoy."
"Whatever." He shot out of his seat angrily and disappeared down the hall. I rolled my eyes and just then, Madame Pomfrey came in.
"Hello dear. How are you feeling?" She asked, pouring me more water into the cup.
"I'm feeling alright. A little weak but I'll manage. Can I leave?"
"I'd like for you to stay till 4 today so I can make sure you're good to go. Anything else you need, dear?" I shook my head and she smiled sweetly, walking away. I laid my head back down on the pillow and took a nap.

.
.
.

Madame Pomfrey let me go and I made it to supper in the Great Hall. Sitting next to Harry, they immediately greeted me happily.
"How are you? We tried coming to see you but you were bloody knocked out." Ron said.
"What kind of medications are they giving out in this place?" Harry joked and I chuckled.
"I'm alright, a little weak but I don't want to give her the satisfaction." I gestured towards the Slytherin table and Ron looked confused.
"Blimey Delia, you don't mean to say you know who's done it?"
"Honestly Ronald don't you pay attention. Pansy did it. Or at least that's what Delia thinks." Hermione furrowed her brows and I nodded. I heard her high pitched giggle across the room and rolled my eyes.
"I always thought she was mental but I didn't know she was that bloody insane. What did you do? Look at her or something?" They all laughed and I halfheartedly chuckled, looking in Malfoy's direction. He glared at me and I grit my teeth. What a child.
"She's horrid. And if she wants to keep breathing, she'd better stay away from me." I put a forkful of potato in my mouth, famished. I hadn't realized how hungry I was until I looked at my plate, feeling my mouth salivate.
"Harry who are you taking to Slughorn's Christmas do? It's in a week." Harry groaned, clearly dreading asking someone.
"I dunno Hermione."
"There has to be someone you're interested in, mate." Ron said and out of the corner of my eye I saw Ginny look up. Interesting.
"It's complicated."
"Well you can't just take anyone." Hermione tucked her hair behind her ear, pushing aside broccoli on her plate.
"I could go with you. I mean, if you don't end up thinking of anyone." Harry grinned at me, relieved.
"I was just thinking that but I didn't want to pressure you."
"I'd love to go with you, Harry. As friends of course because no offense Harry, you're not exactly my type." Ron choked on his juice and Hermione pat his back.
"And what is your type? Malfoy?" The smile vanished from my face as they burst out in laughter, and I looked down at my food.
"Very funny guys." I said looking at my lap. Supper ended after that and we were walking back when I saw Pansy. Glaring at her with a hatred so palpable that she clearly ignored as she came closer, Malfoy in tow.
"Feeling better already, Delia?" I clenched my fists as the grin plastered on her face became even wider. I brushed past her and she stepped in front of Harry and me.
"I'm talking to you, mudblood!" She screeched in my face.
"Get out of my way, bitch." I said, earning a slap across the face from her. I stumbled and when I regained my balance, I pushed her with all the force I had in me. Harry tried to pull me away as she charged towards me, pulling me by my hair. We fell and I pushed her so that I was on top, punching her square in the jaw. I felt someone aggressively pull me off Pansy and looked to see Malfoy. I looked at him in pure disbelief, betrayal written across my face.
"Get your friend out of here, Potter." Malfoy spat, and I felt a trickle of blood come from my lip.
"Nice to know who's side you're on." I said, quietly enough for only Malfoy to hear since he was within earshot of me. I glared at him, wiping the blood from my lip, trying not to let tears well in my eyes. I stormed off, leaving Hermione calling after me, feeling like an idiot for thinking he could be different than what I'd heard from everyone. He was selfish and vile. And I didn't want any part of that.