chapter 68

"Let's hit Honeydukes next," I suggest happily. "I hear there are new chocolate bar flavours."

Remus groans in disgust, "Keeks, chocolate bars should come in two flavours: milk chocolate and dark chocolate. I don't make the rules, it's chocolate-lover gospel."

"You know I'll eat anything you put in front of me." I shrug nonchalantly before frowning in thought, "What about white chocolate?"

"No," He shakes his head. "absolutely not. If you like that flavour I don't trust you."

"Hey!" Peter whines. "I like white chocolate."

"....I can't trust you." Remus says seriously.

I snort with laughter. "Okay, I'm getting a load of extra chocolate bar flavours just to spite you."

"Evil." He jokingly wags a finger at me and I return the gesture by trying to bite it.

"I want to go to Zonko's." James urges excitedly, cutting Remus off from yelling at me for nearly biting off his limb. "I'd like to see Fabian and Gideon in action and I need some more Shifters. In my shifted reality Lily is in love with me."

"Thinking big, I like that." I muse making James ruffle my hair in annoyance and mutter a 'shut up!'. "You lot go ahead, Remus and I will take on Honeydukes and meet you back at Zonko's in a little while."

James and Sirius don't need to be told twice as they zip off in the direction of Zonko's Joke Shop. Meanwhile Peter hesitates between couples before finally deciding to chase after them.

Walking into the wizarding sweet shop, I immediately spot my brother standing there laughing with his two best friends. "Benja!" I call out to him eagerly.

When my littlest sibling's eyes land on me he grins widely and waves me over. I drag Remus along. "Hello, Logan, Finn," I nod curtly at each of them.

"Hello gorgeous," Finn greets me smoothly while Logan, the tallest of the lot, just stares down at me. "those jeans are really working for you."

Remus narrows his eyes at the boy and Benjamin nudges his friend in the ribs out of sheer irritation. "That's my sister you tosspot. Go make yourself busy with something while I talk to her. Go on!" He waves his friends off before turning to me with a sheepish smile. "Sorry about Finn, he fancies you."

"Oh really? I hadn't noticed." I snort sarcastically. "Have you been to Zonko's yet today?"

"Not yet, no, we could go together and I'll tell Finn and Logan to bugger off."

"No need, I don't mind Finn honestly. The attention is flattering."

"It bothers me is all." He mumbles. "Anyhow, shop around and whenever you're done find me and we'll go."

Remus stays close to me as we roam around the store, making faces and judging the flavours of chocolate as we go. "Honestly, strawberry?! Who makes these?"

"I think it's nice."

"You think everything is nice." He points out plainly. "Bloody ridiculous is more like it."

I laugh heartily. "Remy baby, I genuinely don't see the big deal. It gives us less sophisticated palettes a little kick. Why is that such a crime?"

"It's just the moral of the thing." He rolls his eyes.

"You're so touchy about this." I smirk up at him. "It's entertaining."

"Oh, is it?" He mocks, scrunching his nose up.

"Would you completely hate me if I said the birthday cake chocolate gives me butterflies?"

"Yes."