chapter 69

"Okay this is nice, I like it a lot." I say with a nod. James recently pointed out the fact that throughout our first three years at Hogwarts, we haven't once eaten outside. So, here we are under the bright grey sky eating our lunch.

I look to Peter who is happily chowing down at his sandwich. He goes in to take another bite when the sandwich falls from his hands and falls face down in the muddy grass. "Oops."

The five of us stare down at the pile of what was once a delicious meal until Peter finally breaks the moment of silence. "Maybe it's still good to eat." He reaches out to pick up the pieces but before he can get to it, I slap his hands away.

"Pete," I gasp. "that's disgusting. There's dirt all over it!" I shrug the unfortunate occurrence off and smile, "Those of us who still have a lunch, let's proceed."

I try to focus on my own food but Pete's longing stare is putting me off my game. I meet his eyes once, twice, and right when I catch him staring for the third time I roll my eyes, "Just take it!" I shove the sandwich into his hands and he grins. "Now I have no lunch." I sigh sadly, resting my chin in my palm.

"Aagh!" James shrieks in horror. "There's an ant on my hairy leg!" I burst into hysterical laughter at that making him glare at me. "What? There is! Take a look." He lifts his leg into the air right in my face.

I lean forward and squint my eyes to see the tiny thing. "I shall call you Herb."

"Bye-bye, Herb." Remus says, flicking the ant off of James' leg with grace.

"Ugh please tell me someone just spat on me." Sirius groans.

"What?" I scrunch my nose up in confusion. "Why?"

"Because I just felt a wet drop fall on my face." Sirius informs the group. We all glance up at the sky and that's when I feel a drop too.

"Oh no, it's starting to rain." I pout.

"It's only drizzling. Maybe it won't be so bad." James says optimistically.

Five minutes later....

It's pouring rain outside and we're all soaked from head to toe. "Okay," James heaves as we successfully make it back inside the castle. "I was wrong. For the first time ever."

"James, you are always wrong." I tell him pointedly. "I've even got a whole list to back that statement up. You were wrong about me being able to create that insane Zonko's product, you were wrong about Lily liking you, you—"

"Okay!" James holds his hands up to my face. "We get it!" He ruffles up his wet hair and smirks at me, "And I'll admit I was wrong about Evans. She doesn't like me." He pauses dramatically.

"Oh boy, here it comes." Remus sighs.

"She loves me." James says with confidence. Sirius pats him on the back in mock sympathy making me giggle.

"Let's go! I'm cold." Peter shudders.

"Me too," I hug myself. I take a step forward but slip in one of the many puddles we made and fall onto my back with a groan.

"Keeks!" Remus yells, immediately moving to help me up while James just laughs at me. "Are you okay?" He asks in concern, kneeling down beside me.

"Fine," I frown. "Eating outside sucks! People choose to do that voluntarily? Can we all agree to never do that again?" I ask with a pout. The boys nod and hum in agreement. Remus loops his arm in mine and lifts me back up with ease. "By the way James, you aren't angry with me, are you?"