Turn for the Worse

**Okay so this was the chapter that was supposed to be between Love Bite and Mile High Club. So READ THIS CHAPTER AND THEN READ MILE HIGH CLUB AGAIN. Everything will make so much more sense. Sorry I'm a dumbass. 

Aceso's POV

I'd been drifting in and out of consciousness for about half an hour now, not wanting to wake up and face the rest of the world just yet. There'd been a heavy weight resting upon my chest ever since I first stirred this morning, and from the tingly sensation that was accompanying the dead weight, I knew it was, in fact, Xavier's massive body resting atop mine.

I eventually pried my eyes open and glanced down, only to have my heart melt at the sight in front of me. Xavier had his entire body covering my smaller frame. His head was using my chest as a pillow while one arm was wrapped securely around my waist and the other was gripping my thigh. He had effectively ceased any movement I could possibly make because his legs were also tangled amongst my own. In other words, I was totally and utterly caged in. The position made me giggle at how possessive and protective he was – even in his damn sleep.

I took this as an opportunity to memorize his features and engrain them in my brain. He looked completely at peace. The dark circles that lingered under his piercing green eyes were no longer present, and he the frown lines due to his constant scowl Alethia had told me about earlier were gone. He looked at least five years younger and even more handsome than before.

Dear Goddess, this man is going to be the death of me...

I ignored the fact that he was basically crushing me under his massive weight, because this moment was far to perfect to ruin for something as miniscule as breathing. I let my eyes wander over his short obsidian locks, unable to resist the temptation of running my fingers through them any longer. They were even softer than I imagined them to be. It was like I was handling pure silk. Xavier instinctively leaned into my touch, seeking the comfort that only I, as his mate, could provide him.

Suddenly, a loud purr echoed through the room. The abrupt noise slightly scared me, causing me to jump lightly in shock. I tried my best to hold in my laughter at the ridiculously loud noises of pleasure that were uncontrollably radiating from his chest. I had no doubt that his wolf was responsible for the commotion.

I couldn't hold back the laughter that had bubbled up in my chest any longer. The giggle, although rather quiet and breathy, still caused Xavier to stir from his deep slumber. I watched quietly as he - much to my displeasure - unwrapped his arms from around me and pushed himself ever so slightly onto his elbows, examining me in his delirious/half asleep state. He inhaled deeply before repositioning himself so that his head was tucked directly into the crook of my neck, letting out a loud sigh as soon as his body rested against my own once again. He released a content hum as he continuously breathed my scent in and out. I could tell that he had already begun to let sleep pull him under again, and let out a loud laugh in response. The movement from my laugh jostled his head, causing him to groan out in annoyance.

"No." His deep voice rumbled, sending vibrations throughout my entire chest. I nearly moaned at how husky and sexy his voice sounded in the morning. It was definitely a sound I could get used to.

His words registered in my head and I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion. "No?" I asked.

"No." He growled again before shushing me and attempting to fall back asleep.

"What do you mean "no"?" I asked again before continuing to run my fingers through his hair, slightly digging at his scalp with my sharp nails. He groaned deeply at the action.