Si.teen

After driving for a few minutes, we pulled into the city. He parked his Mustang and we exited the car. He walked over to me, reaching for my hand and we started to walk.

" So, I heard you talking to your mom. " I mentioned and he chuckled.

" I'm trying to get you to understand that you're not just any dude, D. I've had feelings for you a long time, and since you've left, they've gotten' stronger. This is something that I don't take for granted. "

" And why do you think I chose you? To me, there's no other guy that can compare to you. " I stated, honestly.

" So, what happens next? What happens after we do this, do you just move on and expect me to forget about it? " he looked at me.

" That's not what I'm saying. "

" What are you saying? Because I really want to be with you, and..... "

" Jay, that sounds very nice, but I wouldn't do that to you. You're in college, and I want you to enjoy that experience without having to be tied down. " I replied and he was quiet. I grabbed his hand, bringing it to my lips and kissing it. He smiled.

" Promise me one thing. "

" What's that? "

" When you leave, there's a good chance that we may never see each other again, but when we do, promise me that you'll be mine. " he stopped walking, and was looking me in the eyes.

" Jay? "

" Promise? " I hesitated a bit, but I gave in.

" I promise. "

We walked for a few minutes, talking before he got stopped by a few fans. They wanted to take pictures with him. He looked at me for approval, and I unhesitantly nodded.

" I see how you're working now. " the familiar voice spoke. I slowly turned around.

" What the hell are you doing here? Have you been following me around this whole time? "

" You damn right. At the game, right now? I saw you kissing him, why would you? " he asked me.

" Flex, we're not together. I didn't get mad when you had your little girlfriend running around the school, threatening to beat my ass. " I argued.

" Does a kiss, words, not mean anything to you? " he tried to quote me.

" Don't even try to pull that shit with me! I'm not hiding the fact that I feel for you, but I'm not about to keep looking stupid because you can't make up your mind. "

" Damn, these fans get crazier and crazier. " Jay laughed, walking over to me. I turned to face him. " Alright, so what store you wanna' hit up? "

" You're not spending any money on me. "

" Ahhh, shut up. " he put his hand over my mouth. " That's not what I asked you, now where do you want to go, and please dont be difficult. "

" It really doesn't matter. " I shrugged.

" Alright, let's go. " he grabbed my hand, and we started walking again.

After shopping for hours, we finally made our way back to his house. I stood in his room, folding up our new clothes as he stood in the kitchen cooking a small snack. I smiled at our matching Polo shirts that he had embroidered.

" Deon? " he yelled from downstairs. I already knew that he was going to ask me to go get something, with his forgetful ass.

" Yeah? "

" Can you go to the store and pick up some milk, please? I forgot it while we were out. " he asked. I stomped my feet, throwing a small tantrum. " Don't get no attitude. Grab my card, it's in my sweatpants. "

I shuffled through his pockets, grabbing his card and car keys. I walked downstairs, trying to walk into the kitchen, but he wouldn't let me. It smelled familiar, but I couldn't guess what it was. I headed out of the door, getting into the car and heading to the store. As I picked up the milk, I decided that I should go ahead and get prepared for tonight, or whenever. I walked down the aisle, grabbing a small fleet and carrying everything to the counter.

" Somebody's getting busy tonight. " the cashier smiled. " 6.75. "

I swiped the card, grabbing the bags and waiting for the transaction to be approved. The paper slid out of the small printer, and the man snatched it out of place.

" Be safe, and have a good night. "