t w e n t y s i x

Song Of The Day : Don't Say Goodnight by Hot Chelle Rae.

Comment, vote and share!

T w e n t y s i x

   Every one of us hates something or the other in life. It might be the way people call you childish, or how innocent you are. Or it might be something that peeved you off. Like how you hate it when people are conceited and arrogant and think only about themselves. Or it must have been some tangible stuff, like your inexplicable hate for peanut butter and jelly sandwich, or some animal just because you are scared of them. Every person in this world, to ever live, has hated something at least once in their lives.

   For me, my biggest pet peeve was the existence of two faced people. People who act and pretend all damn amazing to you, but once you turn your back on them, they turn to your worst enemy or your arch nemesis. They start bitching about you the moment you trust them. In their minds, of course. They don't really have the guts to say something to our faces, if that wasn't obvious already.

   But if in life, if I hate something more than the existence of two faced people, it would be period. Yes, period. Not the term period you use to express the finality of a statement, or rather the duration. This period to me, seemed like the devil's reincarnation. What am I even saying? It was the devil's reincarnation. I absolutely hated it how we girls were punished by this evil Lucifer's waterfall people called 'period' just because we weren't pregnant. These days were the only days I regret not having sex because the cramps that came along with it, weren't all just peachy and dandy. They were worse than having your heart and bones broken altogether.

    The next morning, on Saturday when I woke up, I knew something was really wrong with me. The way my stomach was tingling and not the good kind, might I remind you it was the worst kind. It was the type of tingling where you felt something bad was about to break out. Like you want to punch your own stomach time and again because of the cramps.

   My mother always said that ladies in her family had to suffer real bad during periods. It was just some family thing that every ladies had to go through. It was like heredity. My mother, herself, too used to suffer badly during periods. But instead of tummy cramps, she used to get sore feet and back pain. It was a lot better than stomach cramps, I used to believe. And I was true. She didn't have to completely lay down in her bed for the whole day. I did. Though on some days, for her, it did get bad and those were the days I saw my father's concern and love for my mother. He used to take a day off from his work and help mother with her cramps. He used to cook and do chores that day. He didn't allow her to stand up, at all. Just when she wanted to use the powder room, did he allow? But even then, he used to stand outside the restroom, until she was done. I remember those were the only times, I found myself thinking if I too will have a caring husband like him. Because almost every girl wants her husband to be a replica of her father. I did, too.

   But that all went down the drain when I saw couples snogging in our schools. To other girls it might seem romantic and fairytale type, for me? It was puke worthy and disturbing. Knowing how boys were these days, I kind of lost interest in finding Mr. Perfect for me. The boys these days were not something I'd go for. I am too plain for them and they are too much for me.

  I stood up, or at least tried to. I couldn't. A jolt of pain sent my body crashing down on the floor as I groaned loudly. I waited for like another minute, trying to calm my tummy down so that it won't pain or hurt much. After preparing myself for another jolt, I carefully, gingerly stood up. There it was. Another body wrenching pain but I controlled myself and started taking small steps to the bathroom.

   There it was. The large red coloured stain from Lucifer's waterfall. I hated periods with a passion, so it was only fair I called them 'Lucifer's waterfall.'