Eight

Yoongi

The next morning I woke up to my phone vibrating in my pocket. I turned to check on Ellen and she was still sound asleep.

"Namjoonㅡ" I said to myself as I read the texts from him reminding me of today's meeting.
I looked around my room and squinted my eyes to check the time on the clock.
"ㅡ6:30am"

I stood up and made my way to the bathroom  across the hall to shower, I could've used the one in my bedroom but I didn't want to wake Ellen or make her uncomfortable.

I took a quick shower and mindlessly walked back into the bedroom in a towel to pick out my clothes.

Taking a quick glance at her still asleep I turned on the lights to my walk-in closet.

I looked around admiring how organized my closet was for the first time in months and I smiled to myself when I realized Ellen's clothes were also hanged across the closet.
She must have cleaned.
Why was I ok with this? I'd never for the sake of my reputation and pride would never allow a women to take ownership of my property even in the smallest of things. But with Ellen, I was ok with it, I felt this familiarity with her that I couldn't understand.

I walked out silently closing the door behind me making sure I wouldn't wake her.

With the memories from last night replaying in my head I made my way downstairs, today was differentㅡ I was in a good mood and didn't feel as tired as I usually felt even after waking up.

"Good morning..." I smiled at all my employees already working on their tasks around the mansion.

That was something different tooㅡ I instantly cringed at my politeness and ignored the shocked expressions because I normally just walked past them, completely ignoring their presence.

I made my way to the kitchen and sat down on the marble island. Immediately the head cook, Yuri placed a plate with a full, fresh breakfast in front of me. Which for the first time in years I actually accepted and began to eagerly eat.

As I finished the plate followed by gulping the entire mug of black coffee I looked at my phone.
"7:45 am" I read out loud and placed it back on my phone case attached to my belt.

"Oh you're up?" I slightly smiled as I saw Ellen walk down and make her way to the kitchen rubbing her eyes and brushing her hair with her fingers.

"Goodmorning..." I said as she came to stand in front of me.
I couldn't help but notice she was beautiful wearing tight jeans, a tight pink shirt showing off the size of her breasts and adding a bit of height to her petite frame with some wedges. She had gotten all dressed up but she still had a bare face and her bed hair.
Awkwardly, I quickly looked away after realizing I was shamelessly checking her out and stood up from the stool.

Ellen

"Goodmorningㅡ" I replied shyly as Yoongi stood up from the stool signaling for me to sit. I allowed him to push the stool in for me and waited for a small, older lady to clean the area.

"I need to go to a meeting but if you need anything don't hesitate to call, you do have my number right?" he asked as he fixed the sleeves of his black button up.

"Yuri can prepare you breakfast, you have the house for yourself just please don't go out... it's risky." he finished as a random man walked in and handed him a black leather bag.

I turned to look at the older maid with short black hair as she bowed after placing a full plate in front of me, taking my attention from the men in front of me.
"Well be waiting for you outside boss," the same intimidating man excused himself and made his way out the door followed by two other men, I turned back to Yoongi to find him struggling with the collar of his shirt.
"You're supposed to iron these shirts you know," I walked up to him fixing his collar and attempting to smooth out the wrinkles. He let out a dry sarcastic laugh.
"I'm sorry for yesterday..." I whispered so that only he could hear.
"I guess it's just been too much... I just need time" I exhaled and looked down.
He raised my chin with his finger for me to look at him and smiled.