Nine

Yoongi

"Have a good night sir." one of my men said as he opened the door for me to get off.

"Junsun tell the others to go home and rest; I'll see you back here in the morning," I patted his shoulder before walking towards the door.

After checking in with the night guards I finally walked in and sighed loudly.

"Finally home..." I said as I closed the door and threw my bag and keys on the round glass table near the entrance.

I walked into the kitchen to find Yuri finishing up dinner.

"Good evening Mr. Min the table has been set I'll start serving dinner while you wash up!" she smiled.

"Thanks Yuri" I said as I folded my sleeves up "Where's Ellen?"

"Oh, I think I saw her go into the laundry room a few minutes ago" she said pointing down the hall.

"Laundry room?" I raised my eyebrow "What is she doing there?"

"She's been walking around the house getting to know everyone" she said as I turned away to make my way to the room at the end of the hall.

As I turned towards the door I heard her laughing and unconsciously a smile appeared on my face.
I walked in to see her helping the maid folding towels.

"Oh! Yoongi you're back!" she smiled.

"What are you doing?" I asked still surprised and glancing at the Hana who lowered her head.

"I offered to help around the house," she quickly replied and placed her hand on Hana's shoulder "ㅡit distracts me and I get to talk to someone." she neatly finished folding the last towel and walked towards me.

"I hope that's ok with you?" she smiled.
Does she really think I can say no to anything she says?

"Yeah it's fine," I finally managed to say "ㅡdinner is ready want to join me?"
She nodded and walked out as I held the door for her.

Ellen

"So how was your day?" I managed to ask after sitting silently through half our dinner.

"The usualㅡbusiness meetings" he started as he pushed away his empty plate and picked up his water glass "ㅡhow about you, how are you feeling?"

"I'm feeling better still not completely processing everything but I'm managing" I said looking down at my plate "YoongiㅡI can't thank you enough"

"Ellenㅡ" he reached for my hand as I continued to look down at my plate and trying to avoid my eyes from getting watery.

"This is your home now as long as you want it to be" he said in a calming tone.

He quickly let go of my hand as Yuri walked in to clean up the table with Hana following her.

He quickly stood up and I followed.

As I trailed behind him towards the stairs I glanced at the glass wall that led to the beach and the flashbacks of our dinner came back to my head--and the kiss.

He opened the door to his room, the one I was temporarily staying in and I walked in.

"I'm just going to grab some things," he said as he walked in behind me.

"Oh I'm sorryㅡ for the closet and restroom" I said referring to my clothes and products invading his space.

"No don't worry, I like the way it looks" he shot his gummy smile at me.

I can't believe this adorable person could such a cold blooded mafia leader at the same time.

"Good night Ellen," he said snapping me out of my thoughts I turned as he walked out the door.

"Yoongi?" he stopped and his tracks and turned towards me "I want to go see my mom?" I said in almost a whisper already expecting the answer to be no.

He stood quietly and then nodded, "I'll tell Namjoon and Jungkook to take you tomorrow"

Instinctively I ran up to him wrapped my around his neck and buried my face in his chest "Thank you!"

___________

As soon as I crawled into the massive bed I quickly dosed off into sleep.

"I'm tired of living like this" I heard my mother's voice echo in my head.
"Traitor!" "Just like your mother" my father's voice boomed in my sleep followed by gunshots echoing and my mother's face appearing.

"No!" I woke up to find myself crying.
I put my knees to my chest and rested my head covering my face with my hands.."Mom" I silently wept.

The door swung open making me jump to see Yoongi shirtless with only grey sweatpants and messy hair jump in holding his gun.

"Ellen!" he put his gun on the stand by the door and ran up to me.

"I can't take this anymore" I cried as he took me in his arms I laid my head on his chest.

"Ellen it's ok to cryㅡdon't hold it in, I know you're trying to be strong but you have me I won't ever let anything happen to you" his words made me calm down as I raised my head to look at his sleepy eyes.

I couldn't understand why he cared about me so much or why I felt like I needed to be with him to feel safe when we were supposed to be enemies.