Chapter eighteen

Toby POV

I can't sleep, cant eat and cant even think straight. I just don't care about anything anymore.

I was in my office and I heard a knock on my door.

"Come in", I said looking at the door and John walked in.

"Sir have you heard from Bay? Glen just called and said that she can't find her", he said standing in the door way.

I walked out leaving him in my office and called Glen as I walked to my car.

"Is she with you?", Glen asked with worry in her voice.

"No! What happened?", I asked while driving on the main road not even knowing where I was headed.

"She... she... she slept here last night and I woke up and she was gone", she said with her voice shacking and it sounded like she was crying.

"Don't worry we'll find her", I said and hung up.

I drove to her house and other places that I think she might be and she was nowhere to be found. I even tried calling her phone but I forgot that she changed her number.

My phone rang and I answered "Ashley I cant talk right now, we cant find Bay".

"I was just calling to say that she's with me", Ashley said.

Bay POV

Its really nice of Glen to let me sleep over for a couple of weeks but I hate people baby sitting me.

I need a new path to start fresh and new. I have to find myself.

I left her house and went to my house at three am to pack up important things that I know I will need for the next two months.

Im heading to Florida and I don't want anyone to come and find me.

I went to the mall so I can pick out some baby clothes before my flight and I turned my phone off because Glen kept ringing it.

I was looking through the racks and there were so many beautiful outfits that would look really cute on my daughter.

"Hey girl", someone said behind while I was heading to the cash register and I jumped up in surprise.

"You scared me Ashley", I said holding my chest to calm my heart.

"Those are really cute, so your having a girl?", she asked pointing to the clothes in my hand.

"Yeah", I said handing my things to the cashier.

Ashley handed her credit card to the lady and of course I didn't stop her. She's hella rich.

"Thanks", I said taking the bag and walking away.

"Let's have breakfast together", she said catching up to me and walking beside me.

"I would like that but sorry I have places to be", I said then tried to walk off again.

"Don't you want to know how Toby's been doing lately", she said and I stopped walking.

Of course I want to know how he's doing.

"Only for a couple of minutes", I said turning around and walking towards her with my head down.

We walked to the closest restaurant, sat by the window seat and ordered our breakfast.

"What's going on between the two of you?", she asked trying to be nosy.

"Well ....ahh...nothing.. I just never expected myself to be in a relationship with my boss and it was wrong", I said looking out the window.

"The greatest relationships are the ones you never expected to be in", she said in a soft tone.

Our waitress came with the order and I just started to eat, ignoring what she just said.

"He told me that your having his kid and I was actually really surprised", she said and I looked up from my food.

" I'm not ", I said getting back to my food.

"I knew that already but he loves you so much that he believes it's his child. That child is his heart. I have never seen him in love before. You found someone that is willing to go through hell for you just to make you happy and you let them go so easily", she said raising her voice a little but I never looked at her but stared at my plate.

"Your saying everything is my fault, when its not" , I said and tears started to roll down my face.

"No no! I'm just trying to show you that my brother accepted you completely. He never cared about the father but it was your job to tell him. You both need to apologize to each other", everything she said was true.

I started to sob. I grabbed my belongings and headed towards the door.

When I was close to the door, I saw him. Even though my eyes are blurry, I can still see his image very clearly.

I ran up to him and wrapped my arms around his neck and he wrapped his arms around my waist. My stomach was in the way but we got as close as we can to each other. I don't know why I hugged him but I hugged him even tighter, my heart felt like it was melting and tearing apart. His shoulders were wet from my tears.

I ended the hug and he held my hands and we looked each other directly in the eye.

"Toby, your not going to like what I'm about to say", I said with my tear filled eyes and he gave me a look of curiosity.

"Wh-", he was about to say something but i cut him off.

"I don't want to leave but I think it's the right thing to do.....", he cut me off.

"Wait? what? Where are you going?", he asked with worry in his tone.

"I'm going to .........somewhere", I said and my voice cracks.

"I love you and I'm not letting you go Bay!", he said holding onto my hands tighter and tears forming in his eyes.

"I love you to but you just have to understand Toby....please", I said and the tears finally rolled down his cheeks.

"You can't leave", he said squeezing my hand.

I didn't say another word and just left quickly, before he was able to follow me.

I'm heading to the airport.