Chapter Seventeen

Thank you so much BigandSmallSmartass for this awesome banner! I love it (:

Word Count: 1791

~Grayson

I lean back into the chair, looking out at the sunrise seeping through the tree leaves. Sitting outside on the deck in the mornings is a ritual of mine I enjoy. Sleeping isn't something I have needed since I became...

Lexia is upstairs, completely wiped out from what I did to her only a few hours ago. I tap my fingers against my leg. I'm glad she is finally opening up to me. And giving her pleasure is something I want to do as much as possible.

This also happens to be the coolest time of the day, aside from late at night. To me, this is the perfect time to think for a moment. About the uprising, about-

"Someone is up early."

I sit up, scanning the area. The voice is too familiar to forget, but him being here is something I don't prefer to admit, especially with Lexia being so close.

"I'm sure you can relate," I mutter, catching the violet eyes of Jasper.

The moment Lexia mentioned him at the party, our plan finally began. He was supposed to get her back to my Pack, and he succeeded...

Although, lying to Lexia is something I hate doing, but I don't want her to worry about me knowing a man who existed a a couple centuries ago. And it isn't like I want to be in acquaintance with him. A lot of the time, I think it is the mind reading ability he practices too often.

"She nearly caught you last night," Jasper muses, leaning his back against the trunk of a tree a few metres from me. My jaw clenches automatically.

Last night, my plan was to find Evan, my brother and have him chain me to my bed like he does most nights. The silver stops me from turning. But he was off having a special night with his mate.

And eventually, as was I.

I want Lexia to know. But how will she react when I tell her apart of me is completely uncontrollable, feral and wild is something I can't even begin to imagine. The things I could do to someone when in my wolf form is sickening to think about.

And unfortuantly, the only man who not only understands, but assists me when I turn, is Jasper.

It may not be his fault, but I know he is the Commander of the Phantom Wolves, and calling myself one of them leaves my tongue bitter.

I can tell Jasper is scraping through my mind. "It was Kaden who hired one of my own Phantoms to curse you. Blame him."

Sighing, I run my hand down my face. Looking at Jasper, I am sure I can't ask him about how to tell Lexia. His mate thinks he died many years ago, and I doubt she thinks it's in the realm of possibility that he would be alive today. If you could call him alive.

"Don't even think about her," Jasper snaps. I raise an eyebrow. I know it's stupid, but I can't help but enjoy toying with him.

"We have been over this...Stop reading my mind."

"I will when you stop thinking about Thea."

Despite his age on me, he is incredibly protective over his mate. I know of her. Her boyfriend is almost protective over her as her actual mate, although in a fight, I can guess who would win.

Again, Jasper shifts through my mind like he is reading a book. "At least my mate didn't fuck her assistant..."

I stand swiftly. Jasper and I are opposing forces. Ever since he gave me the ring to stop turning into the Phantom Wolf that resides inside me until night, we have been jabbing at each other constantly.