Edmund Oneshot

blub

(A/N: Hey guys! I have a question. Who is your favorite Pevensie? I know a lot of people have differing opinions on that and I would just like to know. I realized I hadn't done an Edmund oneshot on literally a millennia, so let's do that! Remember to eat something, drink some water and take your meds! Love you!)

Modern Oneshot: Edmund's Drunk

There's a reason that Edmund has always refrained from drinking.

We all know the basic drunk stereotypes: mean, happy, sleepy, etc. Edmund just can't filter his words.

He's messed up many relationships, friendships included, by letting things slip out under the influence. The first time he got drunk in your presence was no different.

It was Peter's birthday. He hosted a party at his house, inviting all of his friends. While he didn't intend for there to alcohol, when you have thirty people in their twenties in one space, there is going to be some drinks.

Edmund went all out. He knew that he didn't have classes the next morning so he didn't care if he got a hangover. He had been working so hard to get his degree early that he decided to take a night off with his mates, and his crush.

You went to the party. Of course you went to the party; there had to be at least one responsible, sober adult there. Plus, you had known Peter for almost the same amount of time you had known Edmund, so why would you skip out on his birthday party?

Edmund got wasted.

He didn't know how many drinks he had. All he knew was that his drunken brain wanted to tell you how he felt about you, truthfully. So, he waded through the sweaty bodies and, slowly, made his way over to the mass of hair he knew belonged to you.

"Y/N!" Edmund shouted, trying to get your attention over the loud music. You turned, pulling yourself away from a conversation to find a very drunk Edmund.

"Goodness gracious," you muttered. Edmund looked terrible. His hair was all over the place and his face was flushed. The top button on his shirt was undone. You sighed.

"Can we go home?" Edmund had completely forgotten about what he wanted to tell you. Now he just wanted to leave.

You scowled."You mean you want me to drive you to your flat?"

"No. I want to go back to your place," Edmund said, giving you his best puppy dog eyes. You couldn't resist, no matter how bloodshot the dark hues were. You agreed, knowing it was probably best if Edmund wasn't alone tonight.

"Come on," you said, turning to leave. Remembering how disheveled Edmund was, you turned around, stopping Edmund in his tracks.

"What are you doing?" he asked, his voice higher that normal. You pursed your lips, setting yourself to work on fixing Edmund. You rebuttoned his shirt, fixed his hair and got him a solo cup filled with water.

"Drink," you ordered, tipping the cup into his mouth. He complied, chugging it down quickly. He smiled cheekily at you, as though he wanted to impress you. You smiled, shaking your head.

"I got you a disposable cup so that you could take it with you, Ed," you sighed. Edmund suddenly dropped the cup and grabbed your hand, pulling you towards the front door. You blushed at the sudden contact.

Edmund pushed his way through the people until you were both finally outside. You let go of his hand, regrettably, and hailed a cab, seeing as you didn't have a car. When a cab finally pulled up to the curb, you opened the door for Edmund.

"Aren't I supposed to do that for you?" Edmund asked, pointing at the door in confusion.

"Oh, just get in," you said, pushing his head into the cab before getting in and closing the door. You told the cabbie your address and promptly closed the divider, not trusting Edmund to keep his dignity intact in front of others.

You sat in silence for a few minutes, Edmund playing with a loose thread on your dress and you texting Peter, who was probably too drunk now but would worry later, that you were sober and were taking Edmund to your flat for the night. To your surprise, Peter replied about a minute later, thanking you for taking care of Edmund and teasing you for taking him to your house. You didn't reply.

"Who are you?" Your attention shot from your phone to your best friend next to you.

"Sorry?" you asked, confused.

"I asked who you are. I don't know you," Edmund said smoothly, but he looked a bit frightened. You giggled slightly. He really was drunk.

"I'm Y/N," you said, playing along. Edmund relaxed.

"I like Y/N." He smiled softly."She's pretty and nice." You blushed, shifting awkwardly in your seat.

Edmund almost shot out of his seat."So, if I like Y/N," he exclaimed, turning towards you with wide eyes,"that means that I like you!" He was smiling ear to ear now, biting his tongue slightly like he always does when he when he's happy. You couldn't help but smile back.

"I guess..." You trailed off, not really sure what to say. It probably wasn't real. Edmund is drunk, you kept reminding yourself. He's not in the right state of mind.

"You're really pretty," he gushed, grabbing one of your hands. He scowled."Did I already say that?" He shook his head, dismissing it."I don't care," he said,"It's true."

"Um, thanks Ed," you stuttered.

Edmund laid his head in your lap, staring up at you."When are we going to get to your flat?"

You took in the surroundings, estimating,"About five minutes."

"Okay." Edmund nodded. He started to play with your fingers, intertwined and intertwining your fingers.

When you finally arrived at your flat, you were a bit relieved. You paid the cabbie and got out of the cab, having to coax Edmund out as he claimed he was 'too comfortable to go anywhere'.

As you walked up to the front door, you tried to fish your keys out of your purse but, for whatever reason, you were having a bit of trouble. You stood outside for ages, trying to find your keys.

"I'm sorry this is taking so long," you muttered. It was freezing outside. Edmund shook his head.

"It's alright," he said,"but you're shivering."

"Very observant, Ed."

"Here," he said, stepping towards you."Let me help." He wrapped his arms around your waist, nuzzling his face into your neck.

"Um," you choked out, finally finding your keys. You reached forward, but Edmund had pulled you back slightly and you couldn't reach the doorknob."Ed, can you let go? I can't get to the door."

"But I don't want to," he mumbled. You sighed.

"Why?"

Edmund picked his head up, looking at you in confusion."Well, I like you, don't I? That's what you do to people you like," he explained slowly like you didn't speak English."You hug them," he pulled you closer to his body,"and kiss them," he kissed your forehead," and rub your nose against theirs!" He rubbed the tip of his nose on yours.

You tried not to smile too big, knowing that you had to be stern with Edmund right now.

"Edmund," you scolded.

Edmund pouted but loosened his grip on your waist. You smiled, opening the door and quickly pulling Edmund into the warmth.