Why?!

Shadow was taken to a police station and put in a holding cell. "Why am I here?!" Shadow yelled. "You threatened a couple." Shadow sighed realizing there would be nothing to say. "What's gonna happen to my son?" Shadow asked. "He's being taken into custody, if you win your trial then he stays with you, if you lose he gets taken somewhere for adoption, that way you can't re adopt him." Shadow nodded. "Do you think I'm guilty?" The cop shook his head. "I saw what happened, I was near by, I heard what they said and what you said."

Soon a silver hedgehog came in. "Hello, I am your lawyer, the names silver, silver the hedgehog." He extended his arm out for shadow to shake it. "I'll help you get freedom and get your kid back." Shadow nodded and shook silver's hand. "Do I know you?" Silver smiled but shook his head and winked.

Shadow was talking to silver when rouge came in. "How's sonic?" shadow asked rouge eagerly. "I'm not sure, they took him and won't let me see him." Shadow sighed sadly. "Perhaps I can see him then... Guards... Please let me see my son... Sonic the hedgehog." The guard then looked at him then said "I'll see what I can do." Shadow nodded thanked the guard. The guard left and a new one took his place.

Silver left after asking all his questions but rouge stayed for awhile. "Rouge why haven't you left yet?" She shrugged then said "you don't deserve to be all alone." Just then a guard came in with sonic. "Sonic!" Shadow almost instantly got out of his seat and ran over to the guard. "You can see him until visitor hours are over."
Shadow nodded but hugged the guard. "Thank you... Thank you so much..." The guard nodded and escaped me a shadow's hug.

Shadow sat their with sonic who was also happy to see shadow. "Aba aba ba aba... Da DA Dada." Shadow and rouge looked at each other then back at shadow. "Dada!" Sonic again lovingly cuddling shadow's chest fur. "He called me Dada! He called me Dada! Sonic I'm so proud, your first word." Sonic smiled at shadow and gave a cute little yawn. Shortly afterwards sonic snuggled into shadow's chest and fell asleep." A guard then came in and took sonic. "Take care of him..." The guard nodded and walked out along with rouge behind. "Later shadow." She said as the door closed behind her.

Shadow was then escorted to his holding cell. "I hope you get to keep your son." The guard says while locking the cell. "I hope so too..." Shadow said sadly wishing his son was here to accompany him in this time of loneliness. Shadow then began to feel tears in his eyes.

Sonic was escorted back to the adoption center. Then sonic woke up and noticed he wasn't with his dad anymore. "Dada? Dada!" Sonic began crying. "What's his problem?" Asked a curious worker. "His adoptive father is in court for something, he can't be with him right now, sonic misses him." The worker nodded. Sonic cried for hours, literally nothing calmed him down, he cried and cried until he passed out. The workers couldn't get him to eat, sonic kept having nightmares about his dad, things were hard. "Uh, I hope his dad gets to keep him, he really misses him." The workers all nodded and agreed.

It was the next morning when shadow woke up. "Guard? Guard? I don't feel to good." The guard nodded. He began to unlock the door. "If you don't mind, may I go outside for some air?" The guard led him outside to the yard. "Also when is my trial? I really miss my son." The guard looked at a paper he was holding. "It says... You get your trial today,  a few hours from now." Shadow nodded and smiled. "Finally, I'll see my son again."

It was at the courthouse when shadow saw sonic being held by a social worker. He wasn't wearing the clothes shadow had bought him. Shadow walked over and sonic extended his arms towards him. "Dada! Dada! Dada!" Sonic said reaching out to him. "I can't, sorry, stuff has to be done little guy." Sonic made a sad sound of disappointment and began to sob. Shadow couldn't bear to watch so he walked off.

The trial was long but in the end shadow was allowed to go home and take sonic. Sonic slept soundly in shadow's arms. Shadow eventually got home to see rouge sitting there making something. "I heard, I thought I'd do something nice for you." She said showing him a bowl of potato soup. "Sonic are you hungry?" Sonic nodded. "He's so smart for a little guy." So rouge gave shadow some and herself some. Shadow shared with sonic who refused to be separated from shadow. Shadow eventually finished his portion and began to feed sonic. Sonic hungrily scarfed it down. Shadow decided that it would be hard for sonic to be separated from him like that. He decided that sonic would need family, brothers or sisters.

Shadow bathed sonic then tried to put sonic in his crib but sonic refused and began to cry and scream. Shadow was forced to sleep with sonic. Shadow didn't mind but he was worried that he'd crush sonic if he rolled over. Soon they both fell asleep and sonic would wake up and notice shadow next to him and then drift back off. Sonic loved shadow and needed him.