iv. i ain't saying he a gold digger

Continue to support me please! Posting this during a hurricane, lol. Vote and comment for me please. Keep me company tonight as I brave the storm

Chapter Four, "I Ain't Saying He A Gold-digger"

Ash

"Can I help you?" I asked the tall dark guy standing on my porch.

"I'm looking for Kenzie," he said, hoodie on, eyes low, shades. The only feature I could even make out was some of the hair that he had a mustache.

"I don't know where Kenzie is," I said, unlocking the door.

"Give him a message then?" the guy asked of me.

I nodded, opening the door. 

"Tell your brother that if he think he can take clients outside his  neighborhood, then he's going to wake up with a bullet in his head," he warned.

I slowly closed the door back. I sighed. it had been along day. "Look, if my brother's ginger cookies from his boy scout venture are selling better than yours, the only thing i can suggest is  a better sales pitch, maybe a cute lil jingle." I took the key out. "Now, I think you better leave this neighborhood before you end up with a bullet in your head," I said.

He laughed. "Cub tryna sound like a lion," he mocked. "Give the message to your brother. He doesn't want Dom on his back."

"Noted," I mumbled and entered the house, locking the door behind me.

"Who was that?" Mom asked, sweeping the front room in her underwear (if you don't have a black parent you might find that gross, if you do you know what I'm saying).

I looked out the window as that Dom guy got into the black, tinted Honda parked across the road on the Johnson's curb. "One of Kenzie's friends," I told her.