Chapter 1- Mars Had It Coming

"You blew up Mars, AGAIN?" Humber roared. Humber was the 'boss' of Saturn's first class flight tactic rank.

"Technically, I only blew a very large crater in Mars." Leorg squeaked, causing Humber's fist to tighten at his sides. His orange eyes squinted at his worker.

   "Do you realise how close to war with the Martians we are?" Humber yelled.

   "I'm going to go out on a limb and say... Very close?" Leorg shrunk away from his very scary boss. He was much taller and broader, and also angry, very angry.

   Humber looked as if he was going to scream but stopped midway and placed one of his four fingers on either side of his head. "You know what I think? I think you need a break."

   "A break?" Leorg asked shocked and hoping he hadn't meant being fired.

"Yeah a break... ON A DIFFERENT PLANET." Humber's outburst made Leorg jump.

"A different planet?" Leorg frowned.

"Yeah, I'm thinking Uranus. I hear they're having to feed their gorlon more than usual." Humber smiled mischievously.

"Gorlon?" Leorg frowned as Humber tapped his head for a moment.

"Wait! I've got it, Earth."

"Ear- no!" Leorg cried. "Anywhere but Earth. You can't do that. This is cruel and unreasonable punishment!" but his cry only made Humber's smile widen.

"Earth it is! I'll inform your parents, you go get packed." Humber was already typing on his nanosplank before Leorg could stop him.

"I'm telling you I didn't do it on purpose." Leorg sighed.

"Yes dear, we know that, but what Humber says goes." Leorg's mom said sympathetically and his dad just shook his head. Leorg packed and got ready to leave, but not without a fight that ended in his father shoving him head first into his ship.

Mark's POV

"I have detention again." I told my best friend Marissa. She had been my best friend ever since elementary school. Her hair was really short, it was dark brown with blonde highlights. She was always spouting out puns and pickup lines and was obsessed with aliens.

"What happened this time?" she raised an eyebrow and hiked her book bag higher onto her shoulders.

"During chemistry I accidentally knocked over something and set my desk on fire." I replied miserably.

"You... What?" Marissa was trying hard not to laugh at my misfortune and failing miserably.

   "Shut up." I mumbled as we walked down the hallway.

   "Sorry, I just don't know how you manage to the things you do." she smiled.

   "Same here." I signed, "Well I got an empty classroom to sit and die in. You sure you'll be fine walking alone?"

   "Yeah, I'll be fine. I'll text you when i get home. Bye." she waved as I walked into the classroom. The first thing I saw  was Mrs. Fisher aka FishHag (but we only call her that behind her back).

   "Mr. Walton, take a seat." She stood at the front of the room with a ruler in one of her boney hands. I sat in one of the desk in the middle, not wanting to get any closer than I had to. "You are to stay here until you have cleaned the entire room. I want it spotless." She practically screeched.

   "Yes ma'am." I said to keep her from ruining my eardrums.

    "Good. I will be in the next room over if I come back and you aren't doing what you're suppose to be." she paused for effect. "If not, another week's worth of detention will lie ahead for you."

   Before I even had a chance to say anything she was gone. I looked around the messy chemistry lab. Oh jeez.

    I kinda wish I had been set on fire with my desk. At least then I wouldn't be stuck in detention cleaning a chemistry lab that was way messier than it should have been. There was crumpled papers and broken pencils all over the floor and greenish blue slime on the labs tables.

   It took me so long to actually make the room decent that by the time I had finished it was almost five o'clock before I left the school. While I was walking I could have sworn I saw someone duck out of sight but after doing a 360 and seeing nothing I figured I was imagining it.

When I opened the door to my house I was greeted by my mom sitting on our dark red couch intently staring at the TV.

"What's up, mom?" I asked as I dropped my book bag and sat down beside her.

"Apparently a meteorite has hit Mars." She said without taking her eyes off the TV.

"A meteorite hit Mars? When?" I asked, shocked.

"A couple of days ago. Left a huge crater." My mom glanced at me.

--

"Mark! Did you hear-"

"-about the meteorite?" I finished her sentence. "Yeah it was on the news."

"IT COULD HAVE BEEN ALIENS." Marissa screamed happily.

"You think so?" I laughed as I dropped my book bag beside my desk and plopped down in my seat.

"I know so." she said holding her head up and crossing her arms.

"Why would aliens leave a huge crater in Mars?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Crash landed. Duuuh." she rolled her eyes at me.

"I guess-" I was cut off by the school bell ringing.

"Good morning class. I hope you had a good day yesterday. Before we start I would like to introduce our new student, Leo Sandburg." A boy I could only describe as good looking walked in. He had unruly black hair and sharp facial features. The only thing that caught my attention was his eyes, they were purple.

••••••••••
Ok, this is my first boyxboy so please don't judge me to hard. Also I know you're gonna laugh at the names(I did) but hey, what can you do?