six

draco
"to be happy, we must not be too concerned with others." - albert camus

draco's eyes followed annelise out of the door and sat down where she sat. he put his left leg over his right thigh and rested his arm on the arm rest. samuel was giving him the evil eye and then looked back down at him homework.

"i wasn't involved in her getting a detention." malfoy spoke up.

"snape has favorites," samuel dully said moving his quill at a fast pace. "also, don't spread rumors about my sister." samuel added not lifting his head up.

"i don't know what you're talking--"

"shut up malfoy. greengrass asked me how i put up with her at home and told me what you told them. you can't do this malfoy." samuel cut him off and stared at him, his eyebrows together in rage and he was holding his quill so tight, it looked like it was about to snap in two.

"just drop the subject. and malfoy, leave annelise alone." tyler said calmly, but demanding.

malfoy smirked at this. he loved seeing people get annoyed or worked up by him. he got all the attention and all the emotions he expected them to have. he stood up and coughed. "you just don't understand, do you?" he lastly said before leaving the common room.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

he waited against the wall next to snape's room and counted down the seconds until she was released. it was already 6pm and dinner was going to start soon. he counted down slowly in his head, imagining what she is doing at this moment.

draco didn't like annelise one bit. he just liked messing around with people; he loved arguments. that was something that shouldn't be liked, but it was something he craved every day, so fighting with annelise kept things entertaining between them. he heard the door knob move and he took his wooden, black, wand out waiting for the girl with brown hair to exit. he gripped his wand tightly as he planted himself against the wall.

as soon as she closed the door draco was about to whisper a spell before annelise spoke up.

"are you that bored?" she plainly said and walked towards the common room. malfoy put his wand back and gave a confused look.

"of course not."

"you sure about that?" she asked and entered the common room. she wasn't at all mad or anything, she was very calm as she said the phrase. he shook it off, he licked his chapped lips and noticed that annelise wasn't afraid of him. she could care less, honestly. he stomped his way to the common room and noticed it was empty besides annelise sitting down on the couch looking at the green fire, reflecting off her face making her eyes a tint of green. she didn't look up to stare at him, in fact she continued looking at the fire.

"enjoyed your first detention?" he blurted out in silence. he asked annelise, wanting to make her annoyed. she didn't answer him.

"answer me." he demanded.

"i didn't need to." she replied back her eyes focused on the fire.

"yes you do."

"no, i don't."

"what makes you think you don't?" draco asked, raising an eyebrow.

"i don't follow any of your rules; you don't control my life." annelise plainly said. she sat up properly and rested her legs on the green couch. she stood up and walked towards the stairs, leading to the dorms.