Chapter 6 - Sleepover

Ayla's P.O.V

I spent my Sunday drawing, sleeping and cleaning. After I finished all my chores and sit down to watch tv I heard knocking at the door. So I got up and went to the door.

"Who is it?" I asked.

"It's Ms. Wilson dear", I heard Ms. Wilson said.

Ms. Wilson was my closest neighbor. She's a really nice middle aged lady. She is the only person I know and ever talk to in this apartment building. She's really good at baking. I love her cookies that she bakes all the time just for me. She has one son. He is a soldier so she hardly see him. She never got married. Her cat May keeps her company.

I open the door to see Ms. Wilson standing with two dishes in her hand.

"Hi Ms. Wilson, come on in", I said stepping aside so she could pass.

"How are you dear? I baked some pies and I thought you might like one and also your favourite chocolate chip cookies. I know how much you love them", she said handing me the dishes. I really love her pies and cookies. She was an absolute pro at baking.

"Thank you Ms. Wilson. I really appreciate it. And you know I love your cookies and pie. Your a real pro at baking", I said while putting them in the oven.

"Your welcome dear. And I don't know about being a 'pro' but I love doing it".

"Let's sit", I said gesturing to the sofa. So we sat down then she turn to me with concerned eyes.

"Ayla I know your hiding something and I know your hurting because I can see it in your eyes but I just want you to know that i'm here for you if you need someone to talk to or to comfort you just know that i'm always here", she said gently squeezing my hand.

I was almost in tears hearing her saying this to me. It was evident that she cares about me. But my life is too sad to share with anyone.

I met Ms Wilson the second day I moved in this apartment and I would visit her on Sundays. She would tell me about her life growing up, about her son and her family.

She would sometimes teach me how to bake but I can't master it like she can. In all those time she never question me much about my life because she knew from the short answers I have given that I don't like talking about it.

"Thank you Ms Wilson that really means alot to me. And I just need time", I said quietly wiping away my tears.

"It's ok dear trust me I understand completely", she said patting my hand gently, then she got up.

"Well I have to go now. I have a meeting to get to. So i'll see you soon dear. Take care of yourself", she said and I walked her to the door.

"Ok Ms Wilson. See your soon." I said then close the door.

She's a really nice lady. The nicest person i've ever met in my life other than Becca.

I went to the kitchen and took the pie out of the oven, cut off a slice and ate it. It was really delicious. My favorite peach cobbler pie. I then took out two cookies, pour myself some milk then I went to the sofa turn on the tv and watched a movie while eating.

It was dark outside when I finished watching tv and I looked at the time to see that it was after eight so I got ready for bed.

The next morning I wake up, do my usual routine then went to work. When I reached work I saw Becca and some other waitresses was already there cleaning tables. So I got my apron and head over to where Becca was.

"Hey good morning Becca". I said starting to help her clean.

She looked up and saw me then instantly became happy. "Good morning Ayla, how was your Sunday? " she said in a cheery tone.