34. Fire The Rockets

❂             ❂             ❂             ❂

           I watched for movement, but there hasn't been any for the last few hours. If Finn was right we would hear war drums before they attacked. Elliot climbed up and sat down beside where I stood. I looked over at her and squatted beside her.

           "Hey." She smiles lazily at me.

           I chuckle, falling back onto my butt, "Hey."

           "This is a pretty good idea." She mutters looking around to see all the different vantage points.

           I nod, "I'm full of them." I smirk, causing her to let out a chuckle.

           "That's debatable." She lets out a sigh before glancing over at me, "I heard you and Bellamy got into it."

           I get back up looking around, expecting to see a grounder, "We didn't get into it." I state plainly, "We broke up." I notice the way her face instantly drops, "Guess you and Bea were wrong."

           "Or, it's just some stupid fight the two of you will work out." She shrugs getting up with me.

           "Or," I bitterly state the word, "we won't."

           "Oh come on." Elliot laughs, "It's you and Bellamy we're talking about you two are practically destined for one another. It's written in the stars!"

           "No it's not." I hiss, turning sharply toward her, "You aren't me so you and Bea can take your agendas and keep them to yourselves! Stop pushing me to be something I'm not. My future isn't written in the stars because I intend to write it myself. So let it go."

           I climb out of the tree leaving my gun up there. I pull my sword out of the case, that's draped over my back. I needed to let some anger out, and it seemed that the only way to do that was hand to hand combat. Octavia appeared beside me with a nearly identical sword in her hand.

           "Who pissed you off?" She asks with a soft enough tone, that causes me to stay level headed.

           "The list is starting to get pretty damn long." I remark.

           Octavia smirks, "I'm not on the list, am I?" She questions glancing over at me.

           I smirk back, "Not yet, floorboards. But there's still time."

           She lets out a laugh at the sound of the old nickname, "That feels like a lifetime ago." I hum my agreement, "I got your back if you got mine, princess." She smiles.

           "Deal." I respond sticking out my hand that she shakes happily, "Ready to kick some grounder ass?"

           "Oh hell yeah." She laughs.

           And as if on cue the war drums sound. I sinister smirk appears on my lips.

❂             ❂             ❂             ❂

           The grounders didn't attack right away instead they tried to get us to waste our bullets. But when they did attack they attacked hard. They leapt over the gates and into the fox holes and I watched as one pinned Bellamy to the ground. Octavia and I ran forward throwing or swords through the back of his skull. Eight. He fell to the side as we both removed our blades. He stated up at us in astonishment.