Chapter 6 | Cole

The school car park was always hectic once the day was over. Students hurriedly exited the building, eager to leave. Only a small portion of students actually had the desire to stay behind; likely due extra curricular activities. I was always one of the ones that were keen to leave, since I despised school. I watched with interest as the driver of small white car tooted at a grey car that didn't give way. The traffic when trying to leave the school grounds was hell.

I tried to look for my group of friends. We were supposed to meet out front of the school, then take two cars to Mycah's house. I'd probably be riding with Mycah and the twins. Dylan, Isaac, and Ant will ride together in Dylan's car. I've never properly talked to Anthony- who goes by Ant. Apparently, Isaac introduced him to the group. If he turned out to be anything like Isaac, I'll kick him out of the group myself. He doesn't know any of us all that well anyway, so it'll be easy. I would've kicked Isaac out, as I didn't trust the guy. Unfortunately, the rest of my friends seemed to love him. I have know idea why.

"Hey!" I turned around at the sound of Mycah's voice. He arrived with the twins and Myles, who was following behind them. "Guys, I totally forgot about my brother. Instead of four, it will be five in my car."

Myles cheeks had taken on a pinkish hue, upon his brother's admittance that he forgot about him.

"Yeah, man, that's cool. I call shotgun, though." Kyle said.

"Fuck, I forgot to say it." Kade frustratingly yelled and punched his brother's arm.

"Back off, I got it fair and square," Kyle shoved him away.

We all walked over to Mycah's car. I sat in the back on the left side of Myles and Kade sat on his right.

Myles wouldn't look any of us in the eye. He seemed frightened. I was beginning to think it would've been better if he sat in the passenger seat instead of Kyle. I didn't miss the occasional smile that formed on his face whenever one of the boys said something stupid. I also didn't miss the wince every time they swore harshly.

Myles shifted a bit to get something out of his pocket and bumped me accidently. I couldn't stop the slight shudder that made its way through my arm because of the zap of his contact. Did he feel that? It wasn't a static zap. It was a tingling sensation. I glanced at him and he froze for a moment, eyes wide open with dismay. He pulled his arm back fast without anything in his hand forgetting about whatever he was going to retrieve out of his pocket.

Due to our close proximity, my arm frequently brushed Myles' own, especially when the car turned. His skin was so soft. Based on my on experience of sitting in the middle backseat, it can be particularly difficult to not end up leaning against those on the outside seats when the car takes a sharp turn. I had a feeling that Myles was trying his best not to make too much physical contact with both me and Kade. Maybe he thought we'd bite.

I sneaked a glance down at him, nothing that he had the smallest amount of faint freckles dusting the bridge of his nose and cheekbones. They would go unnoticed unless you were bothered to look closely. It was feature that that suited him, it only added on to his captivating appearance.

We arrived at Mycah's house in less than fifteen minutes, with Dylan's car close behind.

Kyle was the first to exit the car, followed by his twin. I just sat in the backseat and waited until Mycah got out of the car since he was the only one who had the keys to unlock the house. I could tell Myles wanted to get out of the car and was getting impatient with his brother.

"Mycah," He said in a quiet voice, "Come on, stop checking your phone. I'm hungry."

"Yeah, bro, just hold on." The words hold on came at as a laugh as Mycah snickered at his phone.