Chapter-19

Any progress?

God, this FBI agent was relentless. Jake Evans. You'd expect someone with that name to be a bit laid back, wouldn't you? That was one of the five texts he'd sent. Each one asking the same question.

Remove that stick from your arse. I just spoke to you this morning!
-K

The phone vibrated almost instantly.

A lot can happen in a day. Youre sisters life is on the line remember?

And the Americans accused everyone else for destroying English when they couldn't even spell 'colours' correctly and call rugby 'football.'

*Your. Nothing happened. We got fake passports and stuff. We're leaving now.

The phone vibrated again.

Grammer Nazi.

One more text from this guy and I'd lose some IQ.

You mispelled Grammar.

Someone banged on the stall door. I nearly dropped the phone into the toilet where it belonged.

"Kes! Did you die in there?!" Elizaveta called, charming as ever.

"Coming," I snapped and switched off the phone before tucking it into my backpack. I'd transferred all my contacts to the one Jake had given me and thrown the old one away.

I flushed and got out, brushing past Elizaveta. She scowled at me before locking herself in. My breath caught in my chest. Did I leave anything there? Did she find anything? I ignored all of that and turned to wash my hands in the sink. O'Hare airport had pretty amazing bathrooms. A woman wearing a blue suit frowned at my attire as she washed her hands. The dress from the gas station had been through a lot. I needed some nice jeans and an oversized sweater. Maybe when we stop at Hong Kong to catch the connection to Shanghai. Did Agent Evans know the flight plan? Of course he did. I still had to give him my fake name before I could relax.

If the gang knew that I had FBI connections they would be a little more reluctant to kill me.

Or they might kill me right away without giving a shit about the consequences like I would have done.

I walked outside the bathroom after drying my hands. Julian was waiting at a Starbucks. Kai was nowhere in sight. I walked towards him and took a seat on one of the wicker chairs and he handed me my passport and other documents I needed.

"Want something to eat?" He asked.

"Yep, some cookies sounds like heaven," I smiled. I ordered a plate of cookies and a Large exotic sounding Frappuccino.

I didn't even know the difference between a Frappuccino and normal coffee.

"I'm Penelope George," I smiled. Of course Kai chose the name I first introduced myself with.

"Penny," Julian smiled. "I'm Jason Moreau. Elizaveta is Ella Moss and Kai is Kayden Mitsuhiro. We're foreign engineering that are supposed to help," he said. "It will be easier because we can't even speak the language, we would stick out anyways."

"Kai-Kayden. Elizaveta-Ella. Julian-Jason. I can remember that, your aliases have the same first letter as your name," I said. "Penelope."

"Penny," Kai said from behind me

"Yep, apparently that's my alias," I muttered. He didn't have to sound so happy.

"How sweet. Scoot over Penny," he said. His smile now looked like he was baring his teeth.