Chapter 27: The Spirit Realm - Part 5

Chapter 27
The Spirit Realm – Part 5

Once we have introduced ourselves with the Queen of the Shaman, the Shaman does something, a ritual that would bless Dave/Peitho when they go to the Spirit Realm. Brayden and the others shut their eyes, and I'm left looking at them with open and curious eyes. I look at Dave, watching how his chest heaves up and down in a rhythmic pattern, calmly. Once they are done, they open up their eyes and the Queen of the Shamans look at the person who will go to the Spirit Realm to save the day.

"We may proceed with the actual ritual," the Queen of the Shamans says as she turns on her heels, turning around and walking towards a big cabinet that is perched on the far end corner of the room. She opens up the cabinet, revealing her sets of staffs; some are short, some are long, some are made of wood and others are steel. The Queen of the Shamans decides to pick up a wooden staff that has a red orb glowing on top. She studies it for a while, her eyes skimming from the bottom of the staff to the red orb. "My favorite."

She goes back to us with her staff in her hand, her pace is elegant. Giving her just one glance will make you think that she really is a Queen, that she runs a world, that she's superior. The Queen of the Shamans look back at my mate, who flinches at her stare, which the Queen chuckles to.

"Let's go to the Spirit Center," the Queen states, giving us a brief nod as she passes us by, walking through the big doorway, leaving us in the room. The Spirit Center sounds like it's a horrible place.

Troy claps his hands, taking a deep breath and sighing. "Okay let's go." Brayden nods.

As we leave the Queen's room, I grab Dave's hand and give it a squeeze, which makes him look at me. The fear in his eyes is still there. I smile at him, lifting his hand up and planting a soft kiss at the back, my eyes piercing with his as I do so. Dave smiles at the action, but the fear never goes away.

We follow Brayden and Troy, hand in hand as we leave the Queen's castle. It takes a few minutes to get to the Spirit Center, and when we do, the place is surrounded by big trees and on the center is silver metal spiraling from the bottom to the top, its end sinking deep in the ground, its body spiraling towards the sky's direction. The height could be 20-23 feet.

Surrounding the place are four almost gold pillars built at the four corner of the place. They are the same height as the spiral silver metal, standing in its glory as the light of the sky shines upon them. The Queen walks until she reaches the silver metal and rests her palm on the metal. The Queen's lips softly move, no words coming out of her mouth.

"Let's begin the ritual." Queen Shedia states as she turns around, her hands clasping behind her back. Her robe flies as a strong gush of wind passes us by. Her red eyes are now really glowing as she approaches us. A shiver runs down my spine and Dave trembles slightly. The Queen puts her palm on Dave's forehead and the Queen chants something in the air. "Brayden, try to prepare the portal. Please help him, Troy. Force to open the portal to the Spirit Realm if needed; keep it open for a while until Dave can get transported. I'll be your back-up."

Brayden nods at the Queen and both him and Troy get into place. In just a mere second, Brayden is now holding his staff. Putting the tip of the staff onto his forehead, a few words escape his lips. He then raises the staff and push the end of the staff on the ground, making a crackling sound, as if fire is about to burst from the ground. The ground shakes slightly and Dave clings into me, his fingers wrapping around my forearm and I let out a chuckle.

He notices that he has clung to me and immediately lets me go, his cheeks bursting into flames as he purses his lips, looking anywhere but me. I smile at his adorable action and resist the urge to pinch him on his cheeks.

As Troy opens up his palm and a light appears in his hands, the staff of Brayden glows, fading in and out and the gush of the wind becomes stronger. Queen Shedia butts in, using her own staff and a red light comes striking down on the ground, towards the end of the staff of Brayden.

All of them use their power to open up the portal that transports anyone to the Spirit Realm and sadly my mate is the only one who can go there due to blockage. We don't know what power he has; we just know that Peitho is a Guardian.

Little by little, the ground is cracking, rocks are being levitated by an unknown force. Marcus, as he stands there, proposes a fighting stance just in case someone interrupts us since the Enchanter and both Shamans are occupied. I stare across the field, trying to sniff if someone is about to go rogue on us or dares to attack us, whichever comes first, they will have it coming.

"Dave, Peitho, stand near me. Just a bit more and the portal will cave in!" says the Queen as she struggles to hold her staff in her hand. The sky has become dimmer, the sun hiding behind the clouds and suddenly the sky rumbles with lightning. Dave takes a step back, and when he does, he realizes that he should be walking near beside the Queen, which he does immediately. Troy groans loudly, pushing himself to the limit as well as the two Shamans. A blue-violet circle appears, growing slowly as the three continue to use their power. The lightning strikes the circle and small red orb flies around the small portal that is becoming bigger and bigger by minutes. "As soon as the portal is big enough, go inside! You should be transported into the Spirit Realm. Your goal is to open the portal that leads to the several worlds! I'll send a spirit to companion you to your journey. Once everything is done, I promise you a good deed."

Dave seems to be more scared than ever as he looks horrifyingly at the opening portal in front of us. I take his hand and turn him around. I lift his chin up so he can look at me in the eyes and I let my eyes show him everything that I feel. Leaning down, I capture his lips with mine, our lips dancing as the lightning strikes in the background. As usual the kiss with my mate is leaving me breathless and it seems to weaken me. His fingers fly into my hair, gripping it as he pushes me into him, deepening the kiss by tilting his head. I let him take the lead, and let the kiss consume my whole being.

As our lungs contact due to the lack of air, we both pull away, breathless from the passionate kiss we have shared. I rest my forehead against his, his breath fanning my face and mine fanning his. I shut my eyes for a few seconds before opening them. I whimper, my arms wrapping tight around him. "Promise me that you'll be back as soon as possible. Peitho, promise me that you'll take care of Dave." My voice sounds like I'm begging and about to cry.

Dave's eyes become royal blue, indicating that Peitho has taken over of Dave's body. He pecks me on the lips again, his royal blue eyes piercing mine. "I will. Perry, you're right. I deserve happiness in my life. I should let go of my past and continue with the new life that has been given to me. Ean Thomas and I's mate, it's in the past. You're my mate now. I accept you as my mate, Perry Dames. I accept you as my mate wholeheartedly."

Smiling gratefully and releasing the breath that I've been holding, I lean down again and kiss him a few seconds before pulling away. "Thank you, Peitho. Just be back as soon as possible so we can continue this. God I'm so going to miss you so much. I think it would kill me not having you and Dave by my side. Even Zane is becoming distressed now."

"Just wait for my comeback, Dave and Zane." Peitho says, smiling brightly. "Dave and I, we'll take care of each other. I'll be back as soon as possible, Perry."

As the portal becomes wider enough for Dave/Peitho to enter, my mate gives me a pained look as he walks again. I want to reach out, to hold his hand and to stop him from going. But by doing that, Peitho and Dave would have no answers to their questions. This is the only way. The Queen shouts, telling Dave to enter the portal before it disappears and Dave enters the portal and suddenly he's gone in my sight.

"I love you, my mate." I whisper as I see the portal disappearing.