Chapter Thirteen

Not one to sit still while her friends were in danger, Fluid threw Doctor Trams advice out the window and climbed out of the car to join the scene laid out.

The bullet flew towards Liz in slow motion and as Fluid witnessed it, she was just in time to come between Liz and the bullet with remarkable speed as she took the blow and widened her eyes at the hole in her stomach as she looked down at it. However, instead of blood pooling around her or some sort of painful cry emit from her mouth.

Fluid remained absolutely calm and silent scaring everyone to bits. She just stared ahead blankly as everyone assumed the worst but was totally shaken when she started speaking again.

"Woah.. guys did you see that??!!! IT WAS SO FRIGGIN' COOL!!!" Fluid exclaimed excitedly, "I mean, Now we know I also have super speed AND healing abilities!!!! AWESOMEEE!!!!"

"yes and that is exactly why we need you. You are more valuable now, even more than before with these new powers that have come to light. . ." Fara evilly smirked and strutted towards us. Liz placed herself between him and Fluid and raised her eyebrow trying to intimidate him.

Fara pouted his bottom lip slightly and cowered below her in mockery, "Oh I'm so scared!oooo" He threw his head back and laughed. Penny had had enough of his arrogance and walked straight up to him and her next action surprised everyone as she pinched Fara's ear and dragged him behind spouting vocabulary one would never have expected.

"You fowl no good evil little cockroach!!! You're such a typical rich spoilt brat!!SHAME ON YOU! You are a disgrace to planet earth AND Human kind!!! I actually thought you were a decent enough guy but are you FREAKING KIDDING ME???!!! What the bloody hell was that!!??? Taking innocent lives? Why would you do that??!!!" She gasped for air as she sobbed with tears trickling down her face and that's when everyone noticed the strong exterior Fara put on weaken a bit.

Liz's eyes widened dramatically as she watched her brother tear up a little, not too noticeable but that's when Liz knew that Fara wasn't heartless. The guy did have a heart after all and no matter how much she hated Fara in that moment, she couldn't help but feel happy for him. After all he is her brother.

She sniffed and wiped a tear as the smallest of smiles formed on her sweat drenched face. Everyone remained awestruck and the silent lapsed on as everyone's gaze seemed set on the two young adults as they anticipated their next move.

Fara slowly and gently lifted Penny's head up to make her look at him in the eye. Her eyes were glassy and full of fear. She wasn't scared of him, she was scared for him. She didn't want him to become the monster she feared because she couldn't afford to lose one more person. Penny was pleading with her eyes, praying and begging him to stop his ways, that life would eventually get better and it seemed Fara understood.

In just a few short hours it seemed both young adults had developed feelings for the other, it seemed they were destined for one another. It was all fate's doing that saved Fara from a horrible future. It was destiny that made the duo meet one another. It was luck that made the two best of friends in the weirdest of way. It was love that bound their hearts, hearts that only beat for the each other. It seemed fantastical, none of it seemed real and Fara was afraid that any second now he would wake up from this amazing dream and forget it all but that didn't happen because when he looked into those mesmerizing eyes, he knew it was real.

Fara knew Penny was real, as real as she could ever be. It was like love at first sight. Fara loved being in her presence, through her snarky responses and her sassy remarks. He enjoyed her smile, her laugh and everything about her. She was just so happy all the time and to see her cry broke something inside him. Something inside him shattered into a million pieces as he watched her smile fade and replace itself with sadness.

He had never felt so happy in like..forever. He couldn't remember a time in his life where he was happy. Penny made him happy. Through out his life, any happy memory he had, definitely had Penny in it. She was his happiness and he knew one thing for sure. He didn't want to lose her. Ever.

-