Chapter 9

Jules made her way to the door and opened it to Ceaser's gaze colliding with hers then falling down and down as it roamed her body. He stood there staring at her looking so gorgeous and sending tingles over her body without even touching her. When his gaze finally lifted to meet hers, he looked surprised, in a good way.

Jules broke the tension that was beginning to build between them
"Hi." She said and it clearly wasn't a friendly hi because of the things that still bothered her.

Firstly; even though he apologized for not reaching out to her after their dinner, it still didn't cut it for her.

Secondly; he had a way of leaving and coming back later like nothing happened. It made her furious with herself that she wanted to spend more time with him else she would have slammed the door in his face the second time he came back to her house and thrown away the box he had sent the day before and also slammed the door in his face when she opened it a few minutes ago.

"Jules." His husky voice snapped her out of her reverie and put her in a haze making her heart skip a beat "You look...incredible."

Oh.
Well, that was not what she expected but...she'd take what she got.
Jules thought.

It had been long since someone of the opposite sex complimented her and it was refreshing.

"Thank you." A blush crept up her neck to her cheeks "You clean up well."

He smiled at that flashing his dimple which made her sigh inwardly
"Is Ivy asleep?" He asked.

"She's being put to bed at the moment," Jules said

"I guess that means I wouldn't be able to see her." He said.

"Sadly not," Jules said.

He nodded his head
"Some other time then."

"Of course." She said.

"Are you ready to leave?" He asked.

"Yea. Let's go." Jules stepped out and shut the door behind her.

They walked down the short fleet of stairs and Jules noticed the limo that was parked right in front of her house which made her stop in her tracks. Ceaser noticed and stopped to look at her. Jules looked at him then back at the limo and back at him.

"C'mon." Ceaser smiled.

"Good evening ma'am." The driver held the door open for them.

"Good evening." Jules smiled at him.

"Thank you, Patrick, I'll take it from here," Ceaser said as Jules got in before him.

"Yes sir," Patrick said then made his way to the driver's side.

Ceaser got in right after Jules and shut the door after him.

"Patrick," Ceaser said to Patrick and they were on the move.

Jules sighed in her seat, her hands clutching onto her clutch on her lap.

"So...?" Jules began "Do you want to fill me in on where we're headed?" She looked at Ceaser.

"Impatient, aren't we?" Ceaser smirked.

"I'm not impatient. I just want to know where you're taking me"

"You'll find out soon enough."

A few seconds passed and Jules just squirmed in her seat with his gaze on her the entire ride.

So much for communication.
Jules thought.

Minutes later the limo pulled up in front of the venue.