Chapter17: The Dinner

"Always a pleasure seeing you" Nicholas whispers, which sent chills all over my body.

"Hello everyone I'm Liam, you must be delilah " a handsome tall man, brown haired, light colored eyes says.
I can't really tell  if his eyes are grey or a mixture of blue and grey.
I'm distracting myself from any other thoughts and focussing on Liam.

He first greeted Delilah and my father then he came to me. At this point I just fixed my eyes on him, he actually was beautiful to look at.

"Hello beautiful, you must be Bella nice to finally meet you " he took my hand and pressed his lips gently on it while piercing his eyes at me.
"Nice to meet you too Liam " I say back to him.

"Ahem! Let's all sit down, I'll ask for the drinks to be served" Nicholas says and walked off to the dinning space with Delilah next to him.

He then leaned in and whispered in Delilah's ears, he then turned briefly to look at me dead in the eyes. I just felt my cheeks heat up, I really can't tell what he might've told Delilah.
I can't be sure, I don't want to assume anything.
I tried brushing off all the thoughts.
I then looked at Liam who was sitting next to me by now.
We chatted for a bit.
He is in fact a funny guy, and I completely forgot about everyone else in the room. And I was grateful for it especially now.

He told me, how he's an only child, raised by a single mom, his mom worked for Nicholas dad when she was young, and that's how he and Nicholas were friends, they were like brothers (his words).

After a few moments, and when everyone else was seated at the table, the dinner was served.
Of course, I sat next to Liam and Nicholas sat across from me with Delilah next to him and my father sat on the end of the table.

We were eating when I hear Nicholas:
"We're friends both business wise and relationship wise, I like that" he stated proudly.
Now I didn't know what he was talking about but I sure wasn't gonna leave him get away with this sentence.
"Soon family"
I say smiling, and just leaving it at that.
  I then resume eating but I started feeling his eyes on me, I tried to look at Liam and engage him in a conversation.
That also didn't last long as I felt something touching me legs.

I looked around and everyone was having their meal looking collected and engaged in their business.
I continue eating only 'that something' kept trailing up my legs, then it suddenly stopped mid way through my leg.
I could see that it was a foot.
Non other than Nicholas' foot.

When his foot came back it came back higher in my thighs and I just couldn't control my reaction and I jumped, causing my fork to fall on the ground, and forcing everyone around to look at me.

At this point I saw his face and he was smirking. the jerk.
I excused my self. And I went towards what I thought was the bathroom.
I heard footsteps I turned around to find him behind me.
I raised an eyebrow at him.
He got closer and with every step he took forwards, I took one backwards.

"Can you tell me where I can find the bathroom?"
He just stepped closer.
"I think you already know where it is"
That... was unexpected.
What should I say ?
"Should I know?"
That came out as a question .
"Tsk!Trying to play this game won't get you anywhere ?"
He was stepping closer.
"You're my sisters' boyfriend?"
I saw his jaw tighten , then he exhaled heavily.
"Right!"

He stepped closer this time really close leaving no space between us.
And I felt that feeling. I held my breath with my eyes closing simultaneously.
I haven't felt this for a while.
In fact I only felt this way that one time.
I open my eyes.
And I find him leaning with one arm on my side and the other in his pocket.
His eyes looked me up and down and then his face got even closer to mine passing my lips and almost touching them over to my cheeks then my jaw line.
He whispered
"Tell me you don't feel it. Tell me you don't remember the last time you felt this way, I feel it too."

My eyes grew wide. I can let this go any further.
As if he knew what I was thinking he stepped aside but still looking at me turning around and saying.

"Next door on the right "
"What is he talking about?" I thought to myself.
"The toilet" he smirks. The jerk.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hello,
What do you guys think of this chapter?
If you have any feedback please comment away 💓
Thank you all for reading