Chapter 11: Who Are You Supposed to Be?

Yoongi watched Namjoon enter the studio. The small smile on Namjoon's face leeched away as his phone rang and he looked at the caller ID.

"Hello, Boyeong?"

Yoongi turned quickly to his own work. He didn't want to know what was going on with Namjoon's chosen poison.

Putting on headphones, he tried to focus on the songs he was producing, but over the beat he could hear Namjoon's heated argument. Sometimes he wondered why, if Namjoon was so smart, he hadn't realized yet that Boyeong wasn't going to work out. They'd been dating for what, almost two years now, and how many times had they called it off?

"Fine!" Namjoon yelled, and Yoongi turned to watch him sit down in a chair with his head in his hands. After a moment, Namjoon turned to his computer with a blank face and put on headphones.

Yoongi turned back to his own work. After all, he had no room to judge. He'd made his own mistakes before, chosen his own poison.

After struggling for hours and making minute progress, Yoongi decided nothing more productive was going to happen at this time of night - or, by now, morning. He stood up.

"Goodnight, Namjoon."

Namjoon's music was so loud that he didn't even hear Yoongi's greeting. Yoongi nodded once and walked out of the studio.

He turned the corner of the exit hallway and stopped. There was a girl sitting there... sleeping?

Yoongi walked closer and tipped his head. This was unexpected.

*

I felt a poke.

Who was bothering me? I just wanted to sleep.

My arm was poked again. Reluctantly opening my eyes, I was confronted with a young man whose hair had been dyed far too many times.

"Who are you supposed to be? A sasaeng?" he said with a smirk.

"Who are you supposed to be? A douchebag?"

There went my runaway tongue again.

He looked at me for a second, then leaned back and laughed silently.

I sighed and stood up slowly. Forget about Namjoon, I just needed to get home at this point.

"Seriously though, how did you get here?" the man asked.

I rubbed my eyes. "That's kind of a long story. Short version? My car broke down so I called Kim Namjoon for a towing company's number, but they couldn't fix my car, so Namjoon insisted on picking me up, and he said he'd be right back to take me to find a taxi but he's been gone for-" I looked at my watch. It was one in the morning! "What the heck!"

"That's the short version?" He bent to pick something up.

"Um, yeah. I guess."

He pushed my conference notes at me. "How did you get Namjoon's number?"

"Oh, th-thanks. He gave his number to me. I'm his sister's friend."

He stared at me. "Okay, I don't think I want to hear the long version of your story. Come on." He started moving toward the door.

"Um..."

"You need to go home now. Come on and find a taxi."

I looked back into the building.