Chapter 28: Staycation In The Shaman's World

Chapter 28
Staycation In The Shaman's World

Marcus just stands there awkwardly.

Right after Dave went into the portal, the portal shrinks faster than it appeared. The Queen takes a step back, grabbing her staff tight as she stares at the two persons in front of her, which are Troy and Brayden. A smile tugs across Brayden's lips and they all chuckle except me.

I just can't.

Dave's in the Spirit Realm right now, and I can feel that he's very scared. We haven't mated yet, and even if we did, I doubt that I could contact him now that he's in a different world. All I could do to contact him is to get a help from the Shamans, and I know for a fact that they would have having troubles getting in touch with Dave. From what I've seen earlier, it took 3 powerful persons to open up a portal at just a life-size.

Even the Queen has had troubles to open up the portal.

It's like something was blocking the portal to the Spirit Realm to be opened, like a powerful force. I felt that when I was watching the three use their power just to make the portal appear. And I doubt that those three didn't feel it.

Without Dave I feel like I have no soul at all. The anxiety keeps growing and growing and my mind keeps flashing the images of Dave and Peitho. I have never been in the Spirit Realm, and from what I've heard, the Spirit Realm had changed. It has been changed. I'm becoming more distressed as I think of the situation we are in. Anytime Dave could be killed. What's making it worst is that I'm not there to protect him. I'm not standing by his side. I'm not there to face his fears with me.

The Queen, Troy, and Brayden try to talk some sense into me but I'm just not listening. All I can hear is the faint beat of my heart, head screaming Dave's name, and my wolf's howling in pain. Nothing else. Tears spring up in my eyes, and I'm not ashamed to let them slide down my cheeks. It's hurting me that Dave is not with me right now.

The Queen of the Shamans rubs my back soothingly and they lead me to my room, which is located in the Queen's castle. Dave and Peitho would be thrilled to stay in a castle that is so big. I know they would be. Knowing Dave, who's always curious what it feels like to have something he doesn't experience and Peitho who's always curious on things.

But as I think of them my heart clenches as tears keep rolling down my cheeks. I miss them so much and I can't do nothing about it. As the Queen leads me to my room, I can't help but think how lonely I'm going to be while staying in the Shaman's world. The Queen and the others would try to lift my spirits up as instructed by my best friend Cloud, but I doubt that they will have success.

Now that I'm in my room, staring at a far distance while sitting on my bed cross-legged, the fear in my heart grows and grows and my head is flashing images of Dave vividly. I want to hold his hand, to feel his skin against mine, to feel the beat of his heart against my palm. I want to kiss him so badly that it makes me crazy and hungry for him. Sitting here on the bed while doing nothing but wanting to see Dave, I doubt that I'd keep my sanity.

The love that I have for him is so strong.

Everything that has been stated in the romance books, I feel it whenever I see him. The slow-motion moment when your eyes focus on him, and you just can't believe how beautiful and perfect he is. The world disappearing moment when he's in front of you. The music you hear when he actually speaks to you; sometimes you just hear his voice and you're not actually listening to what he's saying because all you could think about is how perfect his voice is and you want to keep him speaking.

It's him all I could think of.

Despite the sadness I'm feeling, a bubble of happiness swirls inside my stomach, making me chuckle. I'm happy that Peitho finally accepts me as his mate, and Dave is actually wanting to try everything with me.