0.09

The Quidditch game was wet, and even under the umbrella Rowan had she was still getting pelted with cold wet raindrops, so she only imagined how much worse it was for the actual players of the sport. Gryffindor and Hufflepuff were going at it pretty strong and Rowan couldn't understand how any of them could see. She barely saw Harry as he zoomed past on his broom, only the black hair that clung to his face. He severely needed a haircut, but it was useless to try and tell the rebellious teenager otherwise. 

Rowen's eyes went wide when she saw the tail of Angelia Johnson's broom burst into flames from a bolt of lightening. She plummets to the pitch and Rowen face made a painful look. In another minute a rogue umbrella pelts another player and they're gone. Rowen tried to find Harry, but when she saw him again he was headed towards the ground. His broom going in another direction, she cried out. She know she heard Dumbledore's voice, she knew the game finished not even a minute later, she knew she was pulled aside by Oliver Wood at the end of them losing said game and he asked her to Hogsmeade, and she stupidly said yes. She remembered that all perfectly well. But she didn't remember walking to hospital wing of the castle and she didn't remember sitting down in a chair next to Harry's bed.

"I think Rowen's in shock."

"They're related, you idiot." Hermione said hatefully.

"Looks a bit peaky, doesn't he?"

"Peaky? What d'you expect him to look like? He fell fifty feet." Fred said, Rowen hadn't noticed the twins were there, but it shouldn't of have surprised her. They cared about Harry too, and they were teammates. Still, she was annoyed by their presence.

"Yeah, c'mon, Ron. We'll walk you off the Astronomy Tower and see how you come out looking." George said.

"Probably a right sight better than he normally does." Harry said opening his eyes. Rowen gripped his hand, "easy there Rowan." the red head smiled down at Harry.

"Harry! How're you feeling?" Hermione questioned. Harry edged up against his pillow.

"Brilliant." Harry said.

"Gave us a right good scare, mate."

"What happened?"

"You fell off your broom." Ron said, Rowen hit him over the head just as Harry responded.

"Really? I meant the match. Who won?" the room was full of uncomfortable glances.

"No one blames you, Harry." Rowen said 

"The dementors aren't meant to come on the grounds. Dumbledore was furious. After he saved you, he sent them straight off." Hermione said. Harry nodded grimly.

"There's something else you should know, Harry." Ron said, "your Nimbus-- when it blew away?--it sort of landed in the Whomping Willow. And well..." he tipped over a bag of splintered wood and twisted twigs and Harry looked down in horror at the mess on his lap.

"I think we should leave." Rowen suggested, "let him rest." Rowen kissed Harry's forehead and gestured for everyone to follow. She pulled on George's robes and got them into the hallway before taking Hermione's arm and the two girls walking off.

"I'll never understand women. They're all bloody nuts." Rowen heard George say before they were too far away.

"Why don't you just tell him?"

"Because he's a bloody twat. I hate him. I don't even like him anymore. I've moved onto someone new."

"Oh? And who might that be?"

"Oliver Wood. He invited me to Hogsmeade in a couple weeks."

"Oliver Wood? All he talks about is Quidditch. You hate Quidditch nearly as much as I do."

"I don't hate Quidditch. It's just not as impressive as Potions or anything else we learn. Flying is cool, sure. But I mean learning is so much more fun." Hermione smiled and they two girls walked side by side.

It was at dinner that news got around that Oliver Wood had asked Rowen to Hogsmeade and suddenly Ron, Harry, and the twins were coming up with reasons that Oliver was a slimily git who didn't deserve the time of day. Rowen just sat there and took the statements lightly before;

"Is this who you have a crush on? Are we friends again since we found out?" George questioned.

"Oh, you're about bloody useless. You know that? It wasn't Oliver I had a crush you, it was you. God you're an idiot." Rowen dropped her spoon when she realized what she had said and looked over at Hermione for conformation about what she had just said. She looked over at George who was looking at her expecting her to say something else. She looked over for Professor Lupin, and he caught her panicked look. She stood, looked at George from across the table and slapped him hard. The slapped echoed the Great Hall and eyes snapped on the young Gryffindor. She didn't say anything, before straightening out her uniform and walking out of the Great Hall with her head held high. Once she was alone in her room, that is where she broke down in tears.