Chapter Eight: The Prank

Sorry, y'all. I've actually had this ready for EVER, and just debt have the time to upload it. ScottishChampion11 sent me a message, though, so I had to ;)

Chapter Eight

We flew apart instantly, as if something exploded between us, and I ran my fingers through my messy hair, clutching Ito the desk before I toppled over it again, leaning back casually as I eyed the door. I expected someone to buy in, pointing accusing fingers at us both and punishing is intensely.

I glanced sideways at Snape, who, though amazing at hiding his emotions, looked almost aghast and defeated. I focased all my ttention back to the door, which no one had come throfh yet. I sighed in relief as a small robotic looking bug thing scuttled into the room.

Just so, it suddenly popped, multiplying, and it's clone scurried away. In unison, it multiplied as well as it's mother did, and so on until about thirty were scuttling around. I watched them with confusion and Snape flicked out his wand, Poitou it at them.

Nevertheless, I could tell he had no idea what they were doing, but he wasn't taking any chances. Suddenly, the bug things popped, a small spark igniting and quickly dying off, greenish smoke plummeting out and giving off a heinous smell, as well as clogging the air and practically blinding us both, thickening the room.

I brought my hands to my mouth, coughing at it, and squinting my eyes. I couldnt see a foot in frot of me. Someone latched onto my arm, abruptly pulling me out of the room.

I opened my mouth to scream, but a hand clamped firmly over it, dragging me quickly into the hall. This must be it- my assassin, here to kill me. I fought against the captor, thrashing and landing an even blow in their side. The person winced in pain, loosening their grip. Someone chuckled humorously to the side, and I paused. I knew that laugh- I've laughed with it for the past six years.

I stopped thrashing, tilting my head over to the side. "Hiya, Georgey." I smiled innocently, and the arms let me go, rubbing his sore spot where I landed a blow by my elbow. Fred laughed again, muffling the sound with his hand. "Sorry, chum. I thought you were my assassin." I apologized, unable to surpress a grin.

George frowned overdramaticly, sniffling. "You hurt me, Phil." He pouted, and I laughed heartily, throwing an arm around his neck. "You'll survive." I laughed again, putting my other arm around Freds neck.

The boys began walking down the hall, tugging me down with them, and I remembered the kiss that just occurred not two minutes ago. My lips still tingled from the touch, and I swallowed, resisting the urge to run back into his classroom.

"Aren't you just WORSHIPPING us right now?" Fred sighed, looking very proud. I had to admit, hat was insanely creative and good. I looked over my shoulder nervously. "Won't he come looking for me? What if he thinks I've bee kidnapped and goes to Dumbledore?" I stammered.

The boys exchanged sly looks. "Trust me- he'll know it was us." The said simultaniously. This would surely earn me another detention... Not that I minded that anymore. Surely this kiss wouldn't end up like the last?

The first kiss DID feel passionate and amazing, though this one was ven better, since I didn't fling myself at him in a drunken state. It was less hot, but more sentimental and meaningful. He wouldn't deny any and all feelings for me again, would he? Surely you can't just abandon someone after that kind of kiss.

"MINA." Shouted Fred, and I snapped out of my thoughts. We were already in the Gryffindor common room, which was empty. I blinked my eyes a few times and grinned. "What is it?" I asked. George raised his eyebrows but shrugged off all arguments. "I said, everyones at dinner now, so we can go plant dungbombs in the Slytherin common room."

That sounded like a real plan- and something I've been wanting to do for a long time now. Yet, I wanted even more to run back to the dungons and Ito his arms again. I sort of cursed the two boys for breaking away Snapes and my passionate embrace, though I knew it was only to save me from his supposed 'evil rage'.

Nevertheless, I nodded in agreement. My stomach growled at the fought of missing dinner, and Fred grinned, pulling out a brown paper bag, waving it in frot of my face. "We nabbed some din-din for you." George pinched my cheek cutely, and I grinned happily, slapping his hand away and snatching the bag up.

I could smell the sweet, warm buttered pumpkin bread from inside- my favorite, besides pumpkin rolls. "Mmmm..." I sighed, content, and waggled my eyebrows, clutching the bag to my chest. "Alright, I'm content; let's go." I said bluntly, reaching my hand in and pinching off a chunk as the twins ushered ne out of the door.

I was still gnawing on a large piece when we came to the common room of our enemies, and I giggled madisticly, a sardonic smile spreading across my face. "You boys have the goods?" I pressed, and they produced about five dungbombs each.

I nodded, feeling like some mischievous queen, summoning up my forces to strike. "Let us begin!" I tossed the last bit of bread into my mouth, chewing as I crossed my arms. I get around enough to find out things (by this, I mean I overheard two Slytherin girls discussing it in the bathroom, where I was hiding in one of the stalls), so I already knew the password.

"Nox." I said clearly, and the portrait swung open, revealing the posh, dark room. Dark green couches adorned the large room, and a fireplace crackled in the right side of the room, like the Gryffindor common room.

Silver and black carpets rolled on at our feet as we stepped Ito the room, smiling naughtilly. I clasped my hands together in front of me. "Okay- let's hide these babies fast before anyone sees." I said. Fred and George instantly began to place then about, in easily concealed places.

As we left the room, I giggled victoriously. "Wonderful." I chirpped, hooking arms withthem two boys. "Tomorrow morning is going to be amazing."

The door to Charms class slammed open, hitting the wall with a loud thud. In strode Draco Malfoy, followed by Pansey Perkinson and his two goons, Crabe and Goyle. Dracos face was sour and pinched, as if he smelt something horrible. I easily surprised a smile of santisfaction, knowing the plan went through full-volume.

To my surprise, Draco strode directly over to where I sat. He pointed an accusing finger at me, ignoring the professors wuestions entirely. "YOU did it, didn't you, Chesmu?" He hissed.

I looked around coyly, as if completely dumb of what he was accusing me of. "Why, I have no idea what your talking about, Draco?" I blinked, putting a dainty hand to my chest, my other hand sliding down to my robe pocket, where I kept my wand. Draco leaned forward. "You planted your silly, childish litte pranks in the Slytherin common room!" He fumed, annoyed at having to explain.

Professor Flitwick strolled forward, breaking us up. Draco resisted. "Your really infor it, Chesmu! Maybe next time it won't just be poisoned juice, either!" He shouted threateningly. I scowled, jumping Tommy feet and drawing my wand, pointing it at him. "Say it again, Malfoy, so I can record it and show the higher officials. I think it's passed time for the likes of you to be thrown into Azkaban for murder." I sneered.

Draco stumbled back, taken aback by my outburst and fury. I held my ground strongly, until a hand came down on my arm, gentally pulling it down. I glanced over through my periphial to see George, yes pleading. "Calm down, Mina." He whispered to me, keeping his yes on Draco. Suddenly, from farther back in the room, Pansey drew her wand. "STUPEFY!" She yelled, and I quickly blocked the spell, shooting back with one of my own. "Levicorpus!"

I chuckled lightly in mocking humor as the wicked, pug faced girl turned upside down, squealing in anger and frustration. Before Draco could cast anything, George had his wand on him. "Expelliarmus!" Dracos wand flew from his hand, and he curled his lip in anger. Flitwick pushed him back, breaking up the battle.

I kept my wand in my hand, and let Pansey dangle a moment longer before allowing her to fall to the floor, growling in humiliation. I couldn't help a smirk, though Dracos words got to me. I was being hunted.