Interlude: The Voice

Like the pulling, the wind also goes away faster this time. Instead of struggling for balance, the Uchiha heiress found herself standing perfectly still in the white space. Not floating, and nothing was touching her.

She looked down at her wrist, staring at the piece of metal around her skin. She still wasn't sure how to continue on into the next time-point.

Sarada started to fiddle around with her bracelet, tossing her wrist around and touching all around it, trying to make something happen.

This isn't doing anything. She thought, cocking her head to the side in confusion. She reached into her pocket, hoping to find another tiny scroll or something, but came out with nothing.

She eventually resorted to yanking it off by force, but was interrupted by a voice that seemed to have come out of thin air.

"It's not going to come off."

Startled by her sudden company, the Uchiha bounced to her feet from surprise. Immediately, she adopted a defensive stance, searching around for the owner of the mysterious voice. "Who is it!?"

She received no answer.

"..Hello?"

The voice started speaking again. "It'll take you the next time-point soon. Just wait."

Oh. Sarada was confused as to who was speaking to her, but she gave up on pushing for his identity since he was at least giving her some answers.

"Can I choose where to go?"

"You can't. Besides, how would you know where to go if you weren't even born yet?"

Oh. That was true too.

"So how does this all end? How do I exit a time-point?"

"You only get a few transports. They're pre-picked. You'll know when it ends. I don't know how you exit."

"Okay..." Sarada drones off, raising an eyebrow at how peculiar this was. "How do you know so much about this? Do you live in here?"

".. Not exactly."

Whoever this person was, he wasn't much of a speaker at all.

"Why are you using this?" The voice continued, initiating conversation again.

"I want to know more about my family." Sarada says, unsure of why she felt the need to explain anything to this.. person, spiritual being, whatever it was. "Because they won't talk to me about it."

Her reply was followed by another thread of silence.

"What's your name?" The voice continued, surprising her again.

"Sarada Uchiha." The heiress replies, slightly hesitant. "Hey, that's not fair! You didn't tell me your name."

And right at that very moment, she felt her body starting to disappear, until she vanished into thin air.