Q&A About The Characters Or Story

Feel free to join the fan created Amino of Infatuation. I'll be there as well. Link is in my profile.

I apologise in advance for the length of some of the answers, I tend to express myself a bit too much. I'll warn you for any long answers.

This section is questions I received about the characters and the story.

Did the reader give in to any of the boys?
I think in all their endings she had no choice but to give in. She's pretty much cornered.

What inspired the main guys and their development? (Prepare for a long explanation)
Well, when I first thought about the guys, I knew I needed to make them as separate and distinguishable from each other as possible and try to cater to people's preferences. And I did take some inspiration from people both fictional and non fictional.

For Bako I was sort of thinking about a 'boy next door' sort of feel and just gave him a more chill personality. I quite liked him but I do know I didn't give him as much bonding time as with the rest. I also created him around one of my close friends and incorporated his passion of art from another. Sort of regret not writing him in often enough. Funny thing is I chose Bako as his name because it started with the letter 'B' which I connected to the colour Blue. And his last name (Aoi) literally means 'Blue' in Japanese.

For Ryo I wanted to sort of represent a more exaggerated version of one of my best friends, who is also very passionate and dedicated to drama and acting. He also accidentally was given unintentional sparks of (quite obviously) Tamaki from Ouran High School. But I also wanted him to have a childish sense to him that shows his reluctance to grow up and face the harsher world, and stay in his own bubble of the past. Funny enough, I wonder how many people actually picked up on how similar he is to his father.

For Kaito I didn't have too much reference from other characters in mind, but I knew I wanted him to be this intelligent, arrogant boy with a God Complex who had a secret soft side for those he grew fond over. While writing him, I was constantly given a Light Yagami (Death Note) vibe, just without the powers. A bit of a sprinkle of tsundere and I got this manipulative sadist who was desperate for love. A little bit of trivia is that his back story had a heavier involvement of his older brother, but I scrapped that idea on the day.

For Ren, I just imagined a very gentleman-like character who was as composed as his music. I honestly wanted Ren to have this kindness and politeness that hopefully gave him his own charm, and while I was writing him I thought about someone like Kaname from Vampire Knight. I found him to be a good example of a calm and respectable character. The suppressed musical passion came from a person in real life as well and I really wanted to portray that through the character and do it a bit of justice.

For Alex I do remember I had a specific character in mind while writing him, but now I can't quite remember. I also wanted to work in the whole emotionless persona as a defensive mechanism and at the same time have moments where he shows his inner colours. I honestly felt like I leaned too much on the kuudered trope so I progressively tried to open him up the more he interacted. I also want to know how many of you might have guessed that he's vegetarian. Cus he is!

For Jin I wasn't sure what sort of personality I should give him in he beginning and it actually was a sort of 'spur of the moment' and the whole shyness came up the moment I started writing about him. So it wasn't so much 'inspiration' rather 'luck' but hey, he became one of the more popular characters. Also, with all the health issues he has I really debated whether to put in 'split personality disorder', so I'll leave it up to you guys to decide whether that's the case with him or he just has a lot of built up aggression.