Chapter 29: Into The Spirit Realm

Chapter 29
Into The Spirit Realm
Ean Davidson "Dave" Coffler

I know for a fact that once I entered the portal, I would be in a hell lot of troubles. Once I do, the fear immediately spikes up my core and I'm shaking as I've been transported into the place that Peitho, my wolf, is loathing. He doesn't like the place at all.

Peitho is very open to me and he shares everything to me, including his past human form Ean Thomas. He showed me an image of him several times. He's really missing Ean Thomas, but after they broke the Forbidden Law, they hadn't seen each other since. They even didn't say or bid good byes to each other. He has also showed me an image of his mate before; it was a very pretty girl. Ean and Peitho first met her when Ean was training with a few werewolves. The girl's name was Allison, a brunette girl who was 16 years old at that time. Ean Thomas had just turned 18 years old. He was really into the Guardian thing, and when he first met the girl, he nearly gave up the position of being a Guardian even though it was destined. Allison didn't like him as Ean's fate was already laid out. In other words, his mate had rejected him, which drove both Peitho and Ean to break the Forbidden Law.

Showing me those things make me realize that Peitho is not an enemy and that he's really a friend, an ally. He's my wolf that I have come to love. He made me realize how irrational I was being by hating the werewolves. I hated werewolves because my mother was killed by one of them, but it doesn't mean that I was supposed to hate all of the werewolves. Peitho is a good wolf, and he needs someone to love and need him, and I'm going to give it to him willingly.

At first I was really scared of having a wolf's soul inside my body. It terrified and I hoped that this was all a dream, a sick kind of joke that had been laid out to me, but it's not, it was the reality. I was thinking of committing suicide, which ashamed me now as I think of my brother Kieran. I didn't do it with the help of Peitho. After that incident, I tried to pull my life together and that I needed to move on for the better. I need to improve myself, to prove to them that I'm not just a troubled kid. Peitho helped me with that.

As we're standing onto the dried field, my eyes scan the area around me. The place is creepy, the sky is like a blood, bleeding across the sky. It's nothing beautiful compared on Earth. Peitho growls, but his anxiety and fear are growing. I don't know where to start, or where to go as I have no slightest idea about the place.

This is the second time I've been into the place and it hasn't changed any bit.

I thought I was in Hell back then because there's no way Heaven would look like this. I was so scared and really I thought praying would do me good, so I did that. That's when something snapped at me, entered my body until I was suffocating and suffering in pain and then I blacked out.

After waking up, later on I found out that there was a wolf's soul inside me and it was Peitho.

"This place really gives me the creeps. I hate to be here." Peitho speaks his thoughts to me and I agree with him. "I have been stuck for a very long time, and now I had to go back, but this time with you."

Taking a step, checking the ground to see if it's safe to put anything on it, I sigh in relief as nothing bursts yet. "I agree with you on that, Peitho. When I first saw this place, believe me, I thought I was in Hell." I chuckle as I take another step. Peitho nods his head at me.

Walking a few meters away from where I started, the rush of cold air makes me shiver and I wrap my arms around myself. I wish Perry were here. Knowing him, he would put his lean and strong arms around me. I feel like a girl when thinking of that but I know that there's no escape and that I have to actually deal with it and move on. Plus, Perry's arms being around me actually makes me feel good.

I was straight before, and I'm straightly in like with Perry.

There's something much more than that.

I scream when a white spirit decides to interrupt me from my thoughts. I take a step back, staring with wide eyes to the white spirit, who's a girl. Her hair is so long it reaches just above her knees and despite her being all white, I can see how beautiful her blue eyes are but it's now a bit faded. She giggles, her eyes crinkling as she puts a hand on her mouth, covering her giggling. So this is what the Queen has given me as a companion.

"Hi, my name is Sophie." Sophie the Spirit offers her hand to me and I hesitantly take it, but my hand just goes through her and she laughs childishly. "I'm a spirit; you can never touch me."

I narrow my eyes at her, crossing my arms across my chest. "You're a child."

She mimics me and giggles again, floating around me and shouting how grateful she is to be part of this mission, which I'm not glad to be in. "My name is Dave. My wolf's name is Peitho."

"Hi, Dave! Hi, Peitho the wolf!" She giggles again, flying excitedly around me as she lifts her hands up in the air. Shaking my head while a smile tugs on my lips, Peitho tells me to continue moving and so I do. "The last time I've been here in the Spirit Realm, it was so beautiful. Now it's like a demon's place!" Sophie hides behind my back, peaking her head just a bit as if to see if a demon would suddenly pop out of nowhere.

Now I realize why the Queen has given me a childish spirit as a companion. The Queen wants to lift my spirits up. From the looks of it, Sophie is a joyful child. She looks like a twelve years old kid, or fourteen years old. She smiles up at me, going in front of me to stick out her tongue. I chuckle, shaking my head.

"If you do not behave, a demon would just pop out and lunge at you." I threaten her, which makes her conscious of the scenery around her. Her eyes narrow, her hand resting just above her eyes just to check if there are any demons going towards our direction. She sighs in relief once she's done scanning and found nothing. "So behave. If you do not, I'm not going to protect you."

"Hmpf," she scoffs childishly, flipping her hair at me. I see that she's looking at me from the corner of her eyes, and when she notices that I know she's looking at me, she sets her gaze to her nails. Ladies. Women. Girls. "So let's go already." So much patience she has.

Beginning to walk further, Sophie hums as she floats beside me. Though she has legs, she rather likes to float than to tire herself. I wonder if spirits get tired.

Sophie and I just walk, trying to find a shelter just so we could rest. The sky remains the same. No weather, no sun, no stars, just dark clouds swirling above us. Peitho is still scared and anxious to be back in the Spirit Realm, where he was stuck for a very long time. I can't blame him though. This place has scarred him. All I can do is to comfort him. As long as Peitho is with me, there will be no harm going to happen to us. As we travel, Sophie sings a song that I can't recognize as the song is in a different language.

"Hey, what song is that? It's beautiful. Your voice is beautiful." I say to her and she blushes at the compliment I gave her and she nods meekly, stuttering a weak thank you. I smile bright at her.

"It's a song my parents used to sing to me," she says, smiling from ear to ear as she thinks of her parents. "Once this is done, I'll be back at home again."

Sighing, I smile sadly at her. Sophie notices it. "What's wrong?"

"I just miss everything back home. My mom, my brother, my mate Perry. It's making me feel weak." I say truthfully, sighing out loud and Sophie comes forward, smiling brightly.

"Don't worry, you'll see them soon."

"Yeah, I hope so."