Chapter 12

Bryn Atkinson's POV

I called my Dad, explaining to him that I was going to stay over at a friends house. He grumbled, agreeing. Not before giving me a huge lecture about staying out late and calling the cops.

"I give you a phone for a damn reason Bryn, so you better fucking use it." He yells. I wince because when my Dad gets angry, he gets angry.

"I'm sorry Dad, I promise I'll call you next time," I reply

He scoffs, "Yeah, you better." He adds, mumbling. I rolled my eyes, really wanting to hang up the phone and not feel my fathers wrath. He's pretty scary, believe it when I say it. My father is the type of parent that curses you out when you're a pretty big kid, basically an adult. After a while of his bickering, he finally hung up on me at three o'clock in the morning.

I groaned, letting myself fall on Eliazers couch. He was leaning across the kitchen counter while Jared was sitting on one of the wooden chairs. I rolled over but immediately yelled from a sudden pain in my head. Eliazer and Jared were quick, running to my aid before checking my face.

"Oh, I completely forgot about that..." Jared mumbles.

"Forgot about what?" I ask nervously while Eliazer sighs.

"When the guy stepped on the breaks, you hit your head on the back of the driver's seat," Jared replied.

"You have a gash on one side of your forehead," Eliazer replies quietly, shuffling his way towards the kitchen. He comes back later, medical supplies in hand. He started dabbing disinfectant wipes around the area, and may I add, hurt like shit. The gash might've been large if it stung like crazy. I let out a tiny cry, grabbing hold of Eliazer's wrist in order to stop him.

"You're not supposed to care if it hurts you. Do you want an infection or not?" He asked gently. I pondered a second.

Fuck it.

I let go of him, allowing Eliazer to carry on with his task. He gently grabbed hold of my head, dabbing the wipe. He leaned closer, squinting a bit. That's when I realized how good he smelled. I blushed in embarrassment, avoiding his eye that was right in front of my face.

I calmed myself, feeling the heat on my cheeks cool down. I looked at his blind eye, for some unknown reason. That's when I noticed, if you take a really close look at his eye, you can see barely see a visible outline of his iris and pupil. This is only possible if you're right in front of his face. Eliazer awkwardly cleared his throat, bringing me out of his eye trance.

Oh my god, he flipping saw me.

I blushed before abruptly looking at him, noticing how he had a hand rubbing his neck, while his cheeks were tinted a shade of pink. Of course, that made me blush even more. Jared smirked upon seeing our faces. Eliazer made a frown at him before moving towards the kitchen. I looked back at Jared, who gave me a gift of wiggling eyebrows.

I scowled at him, but we made our faces blank when Eliazer came back. He proceeded to bandage up my forehead while I thought of a plan of how I was going to explain the gash on my forehead to my dad.

I'll just tell him I tripped on the curb of the sidewalk.

I nodded at my creativity before realizing that probably looked weird. Eliazer gave me a worried look, probably thinking the hit on my head was making me crazy. Meanwhile, Jared was standing behind Eliazer, making wiggly eyebrows at me. I could feel my face get hot as I looked back and forth between Jared and Eliazer.