26: Trust

I walked straight home, beyond pissed at Damon and Alaric, as well as at myself for leaving my phone on the table at the boarding house

   I was planning on going to bed immediately, but Jeremy was lounging on the couch watching a movie. "Hey, B." He muttered before shoving popcorn in his mouth, watching me drop onto the couch beside him. "Weren't you supposed to be at the Cabin with Elena and Stefan?"

"I was this morning," I grabbed a handful of popcorn and piled it into my mouth as well, waiting to speak until I finished chewing. "But I was to the dinner party at Damon's just now."

Jeremy nodded, keeping his eyes on the TV. "Oh, yeah, how did that go?"

"Ended with a dead vampire at the table, so as well as you could imagine." I sighed, wiping my eye with the back of my hand to get rid of the tear threatening to fall. "But it's whatever, that's what you get for trusting people."

"Oh," Jeremy continued to watch the movie, "so, this movie's pretty good."

I let out a small laugh, noticing his awkwardness, "yeah, I guess." We stayed quiet, the only noises in the house being the tv and our chewing mouths.

That was until the adults came through the door. A very giggly Jenna was held onto Ric's arm, stroking his bicep. It was obvious that John was the closest to sober; and the second he noticed I was home, I was ready to go to bed.

"Really good hanging with you, Jer, but I've gotta hit the hay." I patted Jeremy's shoulder before sliding past Ric and Jenna and trotted up the stairs.

"Blair, wait, John and I want to talk to you." Ric said, on the second step with Jenna still attached. I ignored him, continuing up the steps.

"Blair, come on, don't ignore Ric. Get back down here." John nearly yelled, standing behind Ric.

"Okay - one, John, you're not my guardian so I don't need to listen to you," I stopped in the middle of the stairs, "and two, Ric, you've got your hands full so I don't think your available to talk. Goodnight."

I went back to walking up the stairs, and locked myself in my room. Or should I say, attempted to. Elena took the lock off my door the last time I locked myself in my room, so I just have a chair in front of the door.

But of course a chair wouldn't keep out John. He broke my door off the hinges, "seriously?" I groaned as he stood still in front of the now broken door.

"We need to talk." John spoke, "Ric would be in here, too, but he appears to have passed out when he took Jenna to bed."