Chapter 23

"It is good to have an end to journey toward, but it is the journey that matters in the end"

-Ursula. K Le Guin-

***

Destiny's P.O.V

We are currently at Lombok, knowing that it's only a matter of days left since we can get home. I feel relieved and kind of happy that I will be able to meet Alan soon.

I guess My little boy miss me as much as I miss him, well, we will meet soon anyway so there shouldn't be any problem in waiting.

The one tourist attraction or the so called highlight of Lombok is a mountain called Mount Rinjani, it is a pretty famous mountain amongst the tourists and it's a famous trekking area as well.

This time, I am wearing a red tank top with shorts on and put my hair in double bun, meanwhile Stefano, just like usual, is wearing a black tank top with sport shorts and sunglasses.

One fun fact about the mountain

It's an active volcano mountain

So I feel pretty nervous climbing it, and I feel slightly worried because I have never ever in my life climbed a mountain before. Sounds kind of silly, but it's true

And when he said our substitute honeymoon will be full of adventure, he didn't lie, since we arrived here, we have been going to beaches, snorkeling, diving, shopping, and going to wilder places.

This is a side of him I never expected before, you know, I thought that all rich and wealthy people prefer to travel to luxurious places filled with gold and diamonds and things like that, but after knowing him, I know that is simply isn't true, though one side of me wished that we have some sort of romantic trip, I know, it's so unusual of me and it's out of my character, but just spending time with him makes me feel better.

We have been climbing for a while, it's pretty hard for me to do it but with the help of Stefano and our tour guide, we manage to do it until one rest area that has been built there, well, it's not exactly the rest area you would expect, but our tour guide says that it's safe to rest in there for a while so we do so.

I grab the backpack and open it to grab some toasted sandwiches we bought earlier, and my mind fly away again.

I wonder, what is Alan doing right now, it's Saturday there, and usually at this time in Italy, we would both stay at home and do little things that Stefano calls "childish" like playing hide and seek and so.

Overtime, I realized that when Alan was with her biological mother, they never did anything like that, and Stefano, well, knowing him, it will take a long period of convincing and pursuing to get him joining us, not to mention his pride is simply to high to do so.

Who knows ? I might be wrong

When I go back, I should make something delicious for him, what will it be ?

All of a sudden, I feel someone tapping my shoulder.

"Quit daydreaming now, Cara Mia" I see Stefano standing behind me with a slight smile on his face.

"Stefano, you surprised me" I sigh as I put down the sandwich.

"Here, I got you some water" he hands out a sealed plastic bottle to me and I take it, open the seal, than gulp the quarter of it.