The Werewolf In The Closet..28

Chapter 28

Ady's POV

     My eyes fluttered open. As soon as I remembered what happened, I blinked, fully awake. I tried to move around but I think some chains were holding me down.

     The first thought that came to my mind was: Loren!

     I remember something coming through the window. I didn't know what it was because it was a blur. Then something stung me on the side of my neck and I felt myself being carried away. I saw Kenny burst through the door before I closed my eyes and drifted off.

     I was kidnapped? I was kidnapped! Kenny tried to save me! Who could have kidnapped me?

     I looked around. Why am I in chains? Who would do some random stuff like this? Did they know what I was? I could have busted through these chains with my strength, but these were hard and they would probably cut through my skin if I changed.

     This place totally reeked. This place looked like it was an abandoned home. There was no bed or anything. What is this, a basement? Oh my gosh, I mean why bring your kidnappers here? I looked down at what I was wearing and I was still in one of Loren's T-shirts and his basketball shorts. At least I still have his scent here with me.

     I glared at a big brown door that was in front of me when I heard light footsteps. I prepared myself for what was in store. I heard the jingle of keys sorting out and one inserting and twisting and the door opened. Stepping in with a smirk on his handsome face is Carnell.

     A low growl escaped my lips, especially as he came closer to me. He didn't have on a shirt but he had on some black jeans with a chain hanging from the belt loops. If I wasn't mad at him I would have thought that he looked good. He grabbed my face roughly in his hands and examined my face. "That's a nice little scar I gave to you, Adeline," he whispered.

     I snatched my face out of his hand and narrowed my eyes at him.

     I should have known it was him that kidnapped me. "You drugged me?" I asked, a snarl in my voice.

     "Well, I had to," he smirked. "You wouldn't have let me just take you away. You wouldn't go down without a fight, so I drugged you. But, your wolf inside you destroyed the drug. I'm surprised at you, Adeline."

     "Okay, who the hell is Adeline? What did she do to you? Break up with you and you tried to kill her?"

     A growl escaped his lips and he bared his teeth at me. "She's my mate. She was kidnapped and we were away from each other for a very long time, Ady," he hissed my name. Then his voice changed like he was sad and lonely. He spoke in a very soft voice. "I thought she was dead. When you're away from your mate for a very long time, you start to lose it and then in a while, you're not mates anymore. It's like your mate ripped out your heart and stomped on it."

     I felt kind of bad for him. He lost his mate. She was kidnapped. How sad. But he's still an arrogant asshole. "Did you love her?"

     He looked away from me. "Yes, of course."

     Carnell isn't really a bad guy, if he isn't being an ass. "So, why do you think I'm her?"

     His face got serious and he snarled, "Because you look just her. Same blond hair, same piercing blue eyes. Different attitude but even your fur is the same as hers."

     "But, do you feel anything when you see me? Do you feel like I'm your long lost mate?"

     "Silence!" He screeched. But then he quieted down. I know he was thinking about the idea. I sure as hell didn't feel anything around him.