Chapter 23

Chapter 23

The truth. Such a simple phrase. 2 words. 2 syllables. 8 letters. It should be easy to tell the truth all the time but one thing gets in the way. Lies.

When I wake several hours later, Harry is asleep with his bare back to me. The warm, thick comforter covers my naked body from the stagnate cold air. To my surprise, my stomach is still in knots from our intimacy that only happened a short time ago. My mind races to catch up with what happened because while it was occurring my thoughts were a blur. No, we didn't go so far as having sex─ frankly because I'm not close to being ready for that ─but, and I quote, he "pleasured" me. And if I'm being honest, he delivered on his promise. I blush from my own thoughts.

I swiftly escape the warm confines of the bed, careful to not disrupt Harry, and goose bumps appear my legs and arms as I search for my underwear, a pair of shorts, and Harry large t-shirt. Gathering my hair to one side, I take one last look at Harry before I head out the door, down the hall, and into the kitchen in search for a cup of hot tea.

Ten minutes later, I have a steam cup of tea with cream in my hands, and I stand at the counter that looks out into the living room with a jar of peanut butter and saltine crackers. The voices from the TV fill the room, making it feel less lonely while I make myself a small dinner. I haven't a clue when Harry may wake up, so I'm on my own for now.

Harry. I still don't know where we stand at this point. It's blatantly evident that we aren't "just friends" now, and I don't think we ever were. I had given myself willingly to him, no matter how small of a portion that part may be, I still did. Would this drastically change things between us? He hasn't ever said he liked me in anyway shape or form, and neither have I but I think Harry can tell a difference between how I act around him now than when we first met.

But I have feelings for him and his heart of stone.

Before I could come to terms with this new revelation, I see Harry's body emerge in the doorway. I continue to spread the smooth peanut butter on the cracker as if I didn't see him, knowing he'd eventually come up behind me. And he does a moment later, encircling me with his arm and rest his chin on my shoulder.

"Hello, Love," he mutters by my ear. I feel the contours of his unclothed torso, but I'm grateful that I can feel his boxers at my mid-thigh. Despite what we did this evening, I have yet to see him completely naked, and plan to keep it that way for as long as possible.

"Hi. Sleep well?" I chuckle when I turn my head enough to see him, and come face to face with a droopy eyed boy, and he yawns.

"Immensely. But something was missing when I woke up." Harry's hands began to wonder in different directions, distracting me from my task. I place my butter knife down on the counter when his right hand finds the curve of my chest underneath his baggy shirt. "Was I too rough?"

"What?" I gasp, turning around in his arm as his hand loses contact with my sensitive skin.

Harry doesn't look at me, but rather my arm. "Sometimes they tell me that I'm too rough and careless. Even with the simplest of things."

I figure that they are the other girls Harry has been with before me immediately. I gulp from the unwanted thought. Harry had probably been with an vast majority of girls with much more experience, and here I am with none whatsoever. I'm small compared to them, but Harry doesn't complain. Most likely because he doesn't want to be hurtful, though I can't see that as the case. Harry doesn't have problems voicing his opinions or thoughts on a moment's notice.

"Shay," his voice shakes with worry. "If I hurt you, you need to tell me right now─"

"No, no Harry. That's not it," I cut him off. Now I'm unable to look at him.