This is the Life {78}

I groaned as I felt my body being shoved, "What?" I said into the pillow.
"Get up" Ian said the words into my ear.

I peeked one eye open and saw the darkness in the room, "What time is it?"

"5:30am"

I sat up on the bed and rubbed under my eyes, "Why the hell are you waking me up so early?"

"It's a surprise. Trust me and get up."

I groaned and grudgingly placed my feet on the other side of the bed.

"Go get ready. I was trying to make you sleep as much as possible but we are on a tight schedule"

I trudged into the bathroom and freshened up. I exchanged my pajamas for shorts and a short sleeved shirt. I slipped some sandals on, and combed my hair.

"Ok I'm ready. Let's go. This better be fucking good" I yawned as I observed his outfit.

"Why are you wearing long sleeves? Do I need a jacket?"

"No. I got you one of mine"

For the first time in the morning I cracked a smile at him. I got my phone and followed him into the car. I denied his request for me to eat since it was too early. I touched the area where my ring was and fondled the diamond and ruby band.

"It's a long ride. You can sleep beautiful I will wake you when we get there"

"Okay" I mumbled and put the hoodie on. I leaned against the window and sleeped to the smell of Ian around me.
This time I woke up to smell of coffee. When Ian noticed I was awake he said, "Good you're awake. We are almost there."

I notice the time on the car was 6:45. I stretched and stared at the car populated roads, "The coffee is for you"

"You got me coffee?"

"The tables have turned." he said with a wink.

I took a sip of the coffee and asked, "Where are we going?"

"You will see soon. For now. Drink. Gain some energy."

I stared as the trees started to increase. I drank most of of the coffee as the car parked. We were in a beach area. He woke me up early to go to the beach?

As if he was reading my mind he said, "Just wait"

We got onto the beach and I wrapped Ian's hoodie tighter around me. We were walking towards a man with two horses next to him.

"Are we horseback riding?"

"Yes. To the sunrise."

I stopped him from walking and brought his head down to kiss him, "First the ring now this? I'm a lucky girl."

"You don't understand how lucky I feel when I'm with you"

We joined hands and walked towards the horses. We both had light brown stallion horses. I ran my fingers over the shiny brown coat. The tour guide explained that we would ride around the beach for a while before we could go into the water for the sunrise. He gave me some tips for how to ride since it was my first time.

Ian knew what he was doing so he helped me saddle onto the horse and strapped my feet in. He got on his horse next to me as I tried to remain as still as possible. I held the reins in my hands and steadied myself. Ian horse came up next to me but I was too scared to let go of the reins.

"You look good babe. Just maintain your balance. Keep your legs just like that. And steer in the way you want to move. Press your legs gently on the horse to start moving"